“Enjoyed stay”

Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Canada
“Enjoyed stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

this is an excellent hotel to spend the night at. Room was very comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and very good. Staff was very friendly and helpful in directing us to restaurants for supper. Our reservation was ready and processed very quickly at our arrival

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Clive B
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and breakfast.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family (2 adults and 3 teenage daughters) stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn & Suites (not to confused with the other Hampton Inn property in Billings closer to the downtown area) on a recent family vacation to several national parks. The hotel itself appears fairly new, the lobby and common areas are clean and modern, and the rooms are typical, clean Hampton Inn rooms. Check-in was easy enough, but they didn't have a roll-away available for us (even though I thought I had specifically requested one our reservation - but it appears that the requests are first-come, first-serve anyway) which was really a major issue as we had traveled for 12 hours in our car and would have to spend the night crammed into two queen beds. The clerk was very apologetic and made sure that we had a bed available for the next night.

The room itself was unremarkable - again, a typical hotel room. But, upon arrival, my wife noticed that our shower was completely missing a shower curtain! To make matters worse, the TV worked, but did not have any sound. To fix the TV, the clerk suggested I unplug the cable box and tv and re-plug them in again after they reset. This worked, but every time you turned the tv on again, you had to reset everything by unplugging it. AS for the shower curtain, we had to wait until the morning to get one because there were no other clean ones available that evening and the housekeeping staff had already left for the day. Granted, I will say that the staff was very friendly and tried their best to help us and ultimately, they did us a solid and reduced our room rate to compensate us for our troubles, but it's issues like those that can either make or break a stay.

The provided breakfast was typical Hampton Inn free breakfast with the usual cold servings, a waffle iron and one or two hot items. The breakfast area itself was very nice and modern. The hotel was not centrally located and many other area attractions, restaurants and such were a very short drive away.

A very average stay in an average hotel chain. Nothing remarkable, but, for the price, you don't expect it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Billings. It is our goal to provide only the highest level of customer service and accommodations for all of our guests who choose to stay at our hotel and based on the details you provided in your message, we deeply regret that we have fallen short of that goal.

I am glad to hear that the front desk was able to compensate you for your troubles.

Again, I apologize for your troubles. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

new jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2013

After reading some of the other reviews, I had to recheck my receipt to make sure we we taking about the same motel. When we arrived and checked in we discovered the tv inop. Called the desk and asked someone to come fix it. Wife and I sat there over 40 minutes while guy "fiddled" with it. While sitting there I noticed the thermostat was inop too. Pointed it out to guy who promised to get maintenance to "look at it". By this time we asked for a different room. Never did get a response. Instead we were promised things would be fixed when we returned from dinner. When we returned the tv was on but thermostat still inop. Hvac on manually so we just went to bed. BTw, the beds in our room needed replacing - worn out. Pillows shot too.

In morning tv would not go on. Now none of this is really a disaster, but it was not what we have come to expect from a Hampton Inn. We still use HI, but I don't think I would stay at this particular HI again. I might try the Hilton Garden they are building at the end of their parking lot instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I am so sorry for the inconvenience you encountered with the television and air conditioner not working.

It is our goal to provide only the highest level of customer service and accommodations for all of our guests who choose to stay at a our hotel and based on the details you provided in your message, we deeply regret that we have fallen short of that goal.

Thanks again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I thought I had made a terrible mistake booking this Hampton at exit 443 when we passed the major Billings exit which had another Hampton and tons of restaurants, but this property was worth waiting a few minutes more! We had a King Studio room after a very friendly, smiling Bailey checked us in. She provided us with several menus of restaurants that deliver, even with coupons! Paradise after a long day traveling: huge, sparklingly clean room with a sofa, chairs, table, fridge, microwave; and a hot, delicious breakfast the next morning. Checkout staff Chris and Meghan were equally well trained and pleasant. Well worth the $130 price! Stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Frick21147
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a wonderful review. We appreciate your comments about how helpful and friendly our staff is. We will be sure to pass the compliments onto them.

Thanks again. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Natrona County
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel appears quite new and is in an isolated area. Our room was on the back side of the hotel and that, plus having the a/c fan run all night in addition to our white noise machine, noise outside the hotel was not an issue for us.

Vanity is inside the bathroom which worked well since the toddler continued sleeping while the hair dryer was going. We would have liked a fridge but just added ice to cooler and kept it in the room.

The swimming pool was a nice size and the hot tub was hot. A team of some sort took it over the evening we were there but they were polite.

The breakfast area was nice and had the usual hotel breakfast fare. The attendant was very pleasant and worked to keep everything availabe and clean.

Our stay was very pleasant due to an accomodating staff and a nice facility. We would be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites, Billings. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

It is great to hear that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Fort Dodge, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel was very clean and easy to access. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. My kids enjoyed the room and pool. The breakfast was better than most hotels we have stayed with. We had no complaints staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool and breakfast.

Centerview, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is one of the best Hampton Inn & Suites in the US. The services were outstanding and would recommend this place to anyone traveling through Montana. The room was spotless and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. They always had hot coffee in the lobby every afternoon/evening as well as fresh-baked cookies. Timing is key because the cookies don't last long - they are delicious! Many thanks to ALL the staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank M. Lynn A
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
WOW! You sure know how to make our day. Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you love the cookies.