“Another nice Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Canby, Oregon
“Another nice Hampton Inn”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a newer Hampton Inn, near I-90 but far enough away that you won't hear the freeway. Very tastefully decorated and clean. The rooms have all the usual attention to detail that each Hampton Inn does: shampoos and soaps, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, clean towels and freshly cleaned duvets.

Breakfast was the usual good Hampton quality breakfast. Staff was friendly, but usually don't interact too much with staff as everything has been taken care of in advance and no need to seek out help.

We like to stay at Hampton's when we are traveling because we can register online for the room, get AAA discount, the hotel and rooms pretty much all look the same so there is very little to ask for. We know what to expect. That's worth something.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review . We appreciate the feedback from our guests. I am glad we were able to fit your location needs and provide adequate accommodations/amenities. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Central Illinois
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Billings. I researched hotels using TripAdvisor and found this hotel highly recommended. There is a good reason!

The lobby of the hotel commends it from the beginning. It is tastefully decorated, and the staff we interacted with were friendly. We stayed in a spacious King Suite. The bed is comfortable and the linens top notch. There was a microwave, micro-fridge, and coffee maker in our room. (If these are important to you, be sure to request one of the "suite" rooms -- generally $10-20 more per night.)

The only hitch in our stay is that we were given a key to a room that hadn't been fully cleaned. The front desk staff quickly moved us into another room. The only downside is that we were on the fourth floor, so it took a little longer to get settled than one would like.

The breakfast at this Hampton Inn is one of the best you'll find in this class. They have the typical 'cold' selection of cereals, muffins, and bagels but also 'hot' selections like prepared oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, and a waffle iron. If you strive to eat healthy on the road, you can do so at this breakfast bar. If you're trying to eat enough to make it through the day on one meal, you could probably do that, too!

There one steak house and no shopping adjacent to the hotel. However, there is a new Holiday gas station and convenience store just north of the parking lot. If you want to eat out or shop, find your way to King Ave by heading north (then it bends east) on Gabel Dr. Turn north again on S 24th St until you reach the King Ave light. You'll find shops and restaurants to the right or left.

If you're looking to make a one day excursion from the Hampton Inn, I could not more highly recommend the drive to Red Lodge, MT and up the Beartooth Pass (just under 11,000 feet). Red Lodge is about 50 mins from the hotel via I-90/Hwy 212. Driving up the Beartooth Pass will take you another hour, but the grandeur of the views is worth the drive.

Should we return to Billings in the future, I would stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites I-90 West without a second thought.

Room Tip: There are two whirlpool suites to choose from -- room 432 and 429 (which is also handicap accessible...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, for the Hampton Inn Billings. We appreciate the feedback from our guests.I apologize that you were checked into a room that was not ready but I am glad we were able to fit your location needs and provide adequate accommodations/amenities for you and your family for the rest of your stay.. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Glendive, Montana
Reviewed September 17, 2012

very reasonable in price, cheaper than lexington, nicer. great beds, shower, towels,clean rooms. great breakfast, swimming pool, exercise room, vending, lots of parking. the only thumbs down is no micro's or fridge in the rooms, still the best value i've found in billings.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 2nd floor, didn't have any real problems, beds set back away from door, you sho...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your response. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our accomodations. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Upland, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I must say that this is a nice and newish Hampton Inn that is a great place to stay. I had absolutely no problems with this hotel. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast is a nice Hampton style breakfast. The internet was reasonably fast and the TV quality was good. The room had plenty of outlets and the lighting, while not great, was acceptable. The bed was very nice. I will definitely try to stay here again if the prices aren't out of my company budget, the next time I have to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back of the hotel, as it is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with our Internet connection and breakfast. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at this specialty hotel on the west side of Billings on a Wednesday night. They said they are often filled on Wednesday and Thursday nights with business travellers, but had a cancellation so they gave us a 2 queen bed room. The room is very spacious, but lacks a frig. There is no restaurant in the hotel (although they serve a very nice breakfast), so for those who want to keep something like milk in a frig---there isn't one (unless apparently you are in a king suite). Surely the rest of us deserve a frig too. There is plenty of room for one!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, September 17, 2012

We offer refridgerators and microwaves in our King Studio suites for future bookings.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and the rest of your stay. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

A quality Hampton. Staff was friendly, rooms were quiet and comfortable. Not much around the hotel, but close to the interstate and it's an easy trek to pretty much anywhere in Billings. Specifics: 24 hour pool and gym is nice; both are nice sized for a Hampton. Only one public washer/dryer, so might have to wait to do a load. Breakfast was standard fare, but well presented and ample dining area. Would return if ever back in the area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, for the Hampton Inn & Suites- Billings. We appreciate the feedback from our guests. I am to hear that you enjoyed the pool and fitness center. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Climax, Sask
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel for three nights, it was very clean, great service and quite. Would recommend this hotel. Although this was not a business trip, I spend many days on the road with my work and in most cases I am not even interested in the continental breakfast. However, this has to be the best I have seen. Most of it has to do with the one lady that runs it, she truly deserves more then she is being paid. She kept everything full, the hot portion was always available and she worked hard to keep everything clean and available. She kept the tanbles clean and I know on two of the nights we stayed the Hotel was sold out, so she was running! Great place will be back! The only negative was the beds, a little uncomfortable and not queen

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Wow! Thank you for the nice comments regarding our breakfast attendant. We will be sure to show this comment to her. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and the rest of your stay.

Thanks again.