“A pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped unexpectedly in Billings and were recommended this restaurant by the hotel. we expected your usual pedestrian "steak house", but received so much more. First of all the service was professional, prompt and friendly, without being overly fawning.
As for the food we enjoyed the calamari appetizer and the servings of steak and ribs were absolutely delicious, especially the steak cuts which were some of the best to be had. Of special note was the side order of garlic mashed potatoes which were rich and creamy smooth without being overly buttery. We shared a creme brulee for dessert which, I have to say, was right up there with some of the best I have tasted, being light yet rich and not cloyingly sweet.
They offer a very good variety of beers on tap and in bottles and the wine list is appropriate for the cuisine and well priced,
If I lived here I would put this on my repeat list.

1  Thank william z

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My co-workers and I wanted to go to a restaurant where we could just sit, relax and enjoy a good meal. We found that place at Montana's Rib and Chop House. Our waiter/server Aaron was Fantastic. He was attentive, knowledgeable and answered any questions we had about the menu. I ordered an appetizer of fried green tomatoes which were quite tasty. My main course was the ribeye with the squash casserole. The steak was SIZZLING & DELICIOUS. It had just the right about of marbling and it was grilled to perfection. The squash casserole was very good. Both of my co-workers ordered the ribs and they said they really enjoyed them. Good Food, Good Service and a relaxing atmosphere is what you will find at this restaurant.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

While on vacation and staying at the Hampton Inn, the receptionist told us about Montana's Chop House in walking distance. Upon arrival, we were greeted and met with hospitality. The chicken and mushrooms were excellent. Since it was my birthday, I received a complimentary dessert...the apple cobbler was out of this world intoxicating and delicious. The friendly waiter said caramel was one of the melt-in-your-mouth added ingredients. We stayed a little longer talking to the waiter about sports...a very good memorable experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

When I eat here, I alternate between the baseball cut sirloin, ahi tuna, and salmon on cedar shingle. They are all excellent. I love their squash casserole, and carrot souffle. Their soups are very good also. Their service is also very good.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We hadn't tried this place for a few years, but decided to give it another try. My "Foster" ribs were tiny, very dry, and overpriced. The side I ordered, squash casserole, was unappealing and stringy, and I like good winter squash. My husband's shrimp were good, but just piled on some very ordinary fries. All this would be fine for an $8.95 lunch, but not so fine for a $15-$18 dinner. We probably won't be back soon.

1  Thank Jan K