“Very good food, very good service, LOUD!”

Montana's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #8 of 362 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner with our daughter. Although it was crowded, we were seated immediately. Drinks were ordered and came quickly. Our server, Alyson, came back after a reasonable time to ask if we were ready to order. We should have ordered our appetizer then, but we were talking and forgot. She came back shortly and we ordered our meal and appetizer, confessing that we should have ordered the appetizer earlier. She told us there would be no problem. The shrimp appetizer arrived quickly, and shortly there after our soup and salads. The entres followed at the right time. My daughter and I had the baseball sirloin. I don't normally order sirloin steaks but both of us were very happy with the quality. They were cooked to perfection, but could have been seasoned a bit better. My wife had fish and chips which she proclaimed as excellent. The creme brulee was excellent also. Our server was attentive without being too much so. We spent over two hours dining and talking but never felt rushed. I would have been happier if the LOUD music was turned down or off.

2  Thank Tom W

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had a large family dinner with about 20 of us on a Saturday night. The waitresses were wonderful-- great service, fast with food orders, and amazingly calm approach to our large group. Nice selection of appetizers -- esp loved the green tomatoes+crab and mushrooms+crab. Good steaks and ribs also. Not really fine dining--- but definitely good food in a friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank jenabaintheworld
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great Food, great service. Handled the large party just fine. Food is great. Never add on the tip for large parties which I think is great!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went here the last night of our trip, I had the cedar plank salmon and my date had the fish and chips. Both were dynamite!! Aimee was our waitress and she was great!! Will definitely return to try the ribs or steak next time.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Awesome food and the apetizers were fantastic one of the best steaks I have had in Billings and have tried them all. Price for value was very good also.