“Fab filet”

Montana's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #4 of 342 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fab filet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Steaks are where it is at. Must be one of 2-3 places to go. The big feature is the buffalo ribeye, but I think the best of the best is the filet mignon, medium rare of course. Sides are good but not fantastic. If they were, they would get a 5. Interesting wine list. Splurge and get a Nickel and Nickel Zin.

Visited October 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not sure why it was so expensive!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were not impressed! Greasy average food at a high price and terrible service. We will not be back.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Jami B
San Antonio, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Ate appetizers at the bar. Staff was friendly, but a little slow. Food was good. I'll go back.

• Visited August 2011
“Over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

We have always had to wait a long time to get a table -- so obviously lots of people seem to like this place, but I could never go back and it would be fine. Considering there food was just average food, I thought they were over priced. Nothing was bad, the three times I have had dinner here it was just disappointing, and I didn't enjoy the crush of people.

• Visited October 2010
2 Thank enddazee
“Unreal, NEVER Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

Wow, it happened AGAIN. I have sure had my problems with the Rib and Chop House. At least they are consistent with two things, bad food and terrible service! I live in Billings, so I like to mix it up around town and try to patronize as many eating establishments as I can. My wife and I were in tonight and we sat at the bar. We each ordered a filet. The food showed up and there was one filet and one rib steak. Ooooops!, not this again.

I was assured that my filet would be “right out” and after 15 minutes “the thing” showed up on a plate. It was burned to a crisp on the outside and raw on the inside. (The old, we need to get it out there ASAP, cook job) I can tell you this, as burned as the outside was, if I ever need a small to medium size animal cremated, I’m going to look them up!

Our server, some girl with numerous star tattoos on her neck, that looked like she was a part time carnival worker, never did acknowledge that she made a mistake when she finally delivered my science project/steak. (Note to the ink queen, if you acknowledge your mistakes, generally people will forgive you, if you don’t, it leaves a VERY BAD impression, you know, like you don’t give a rats behind)

The guy sitting next to us, didn’t make out much better. Ink queen brought out his steak, which he had ordered medium, and this thing was raw enough to kick him in the face. He had to send it back. I watched the interaction when “Miss congeniality” brought him back his steak. She didn’t look him in the eye, or apologize for the screw up, she plopped it in front of him and walked off.

When the bill showed up, “old star” never did look me in the eye, or make any mention of any fault pertaining to her order screw up at all. Up until that point you were still eligible for a tip. After your final act in the big show, not only did I leave without tipping, but I felt the Rib and Chop House owed me money.

I just cracked 50 years old and that is only the 2nd time in my life, I have left an eating establishment without leaving a tip. Yeah, it was THAT BAD. I will NEVER go back in the Mickey Mouse outfit. I have had 30+ meals in the joint, and it had been going downhill for over a year. For the price of their food, you can do a lot better. From this point forward, Jakes, or the Rex, will be getting my money.

• Visited March 2011