“Where did that waiter go?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bin 119

Bin 119
Ranked #14 of 339 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Helena, Montana
“Where did that waiter go?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

Trying to satisfy three hungry women with very different tastes isn't easy but after reading reviews about Bin 119 we decided to give it a try. Our initial impressions were good, contemporary atmosphere, interesting menu, decent wine list. Our server was helpful and attentive - at first. Though we received our wine and one a salad in good time the rest of the meal was slow in coming and when it did the waiter seemed to have gotten lost. One of us was with out a fork, hard to eat lamb just with a knife...Oh, now I know where the waiter went, to visit with the blond at the bar. Granted we are all over 40 but not totally ancient. The very nice bartender ended up taking care of our table once the waiter left for good, no good byes for us. For the amount of money we spent on dinner, wine and desert I think we deserved better service. We'll try this place again but not too soon.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Billings,MT
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2010

We had supper in the back room on Friday night and I think it was probably much quieter then the front part of the restaurant. We were looking for something a little different, and ordered the crab cakes with a cocoanut sauce and shrimp scampi. It wasn't inexpensive, but it was delicious.

The waiter was well dressed and very attentive. The restaurant is well decorated, in a simple sort of way.

billings
“Oh no! What happend?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

This place was headed to be a great destination. BUT now? Theres a new staff (not an improvement) they cut corners with quality of food and service. On our last visit we sat in a booth across from the end of the bar. I watched our 2 glasses of wine and beers sit for 5 minutes while I watched our waitress/manager? on her cellphone. I would have asked the bartender but he was outside. Crab Cakes and soup were cold and the entrees could have been better. I hope this is a phase because it is a beautiful restaurant and has a great downtown location. I was not impressed. Maybe next time..

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Best Wine in Billings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Just moving from Seattle I was very pleased to find a place like this in Billings. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the food portions are very large. On our first visit, out of many, both my significant other and I ordered wine and a cheese plate. The cheese plate had a huge portion of cheese that would have cost about $25 in Seattle, but at Bin 119 it was only $15. The service was fabulous and the environment was clean and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits and enjoys a high-end dining/wine bar atmospheres at a low price.

Sheridan, Wyoming
“Classy comfortable restaurant; excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

From the street, Bin 119 appears to be just a wine bar, but it turns out to be a really classy restaurant with excellent food and friendly service. They serve tapas, full meals, and nice desserts. I wanted a light Sunday lunch and found something great: a generous tapas portion of roasted duck breast with sliced pears in a black currant sauce. I also ordered their house salad which was simple and delicious. Their black tea was a very nice brand with silk tea bags containing actual loose leaf tea, not tea grounds. Prices were moderate, so I consider this restaurant a truly excellent value. It apparently opened in May of '08. Hours are weekdays 11am to 10pm and Sunday 11am to 8pm. I really appreciate restaurants that are open on Sundays.

2 Thank Palta