“What a great break!”

Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Cold, wet, and hungry on a motorcycle ride from Libby, MT heading for Helena, MT. Stopped in at the Echo Lake Cafe...got nervous when I saw a FULL parking lot BUT walked in was seated in less than 2 minutes, handed hot coffee from a very cheerful waitress, ordered and had hot food in less than ten minutes! And the waitress also had a family group of 15 people including 7 little children. The grilled turkey, green chilies, and cranberry sandwich was AMAZING. Soup was hot and delicious. They really do it right there!!!

1  Thank huddya

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stopped in the next day after driving by and seeing the crowd on our way to Jewel Basin for hiking as they close at 2pm. Cute little place, however the food was a huge miss. My husband ordered the grits and sausage - sausage was charred and food arrived lukewarm. I ordered the country eggs bene, also a miss as the food arrived cold. We sent both plates back and waited a significantly long time for new dishes, these also arrived less than hot and mediocre. We both only ate a few bites and decided to leave, better luck next time however we have no plans to return. My husband talked to the manager who offered the excuse breakfast is really hard to do and deliver a hot meal - no excuse especially when the place was only half full. She didn't offer to rectify or apologize.

4  Thank 2Thompsons
Robert Y, Owner at Echo Lake Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

I'm so sorry you had such a poor experience at our restaurant and hope you try us again, as you say maybe it was just an off day. I have talked to all of my managers and none of them remember talking to you let alone saying "breakfast is really hard to do and deliver a hot meal" which we all know it's not (we put out over 400 hot orders a day right now). The real reason I'm writing this response is that you mentioned we close at 2:00 and we actually close at 2:30PM seven days a week.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The price isn't awesome but the food and place is! Love it there.
We go every time we are at the cabin!! :)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a happening place for breakfast. If theres a wait for a table, it's worth its. Yummy eggs and my personal favorite, blueberry pancakes that are more blueberries than pancake. Fresh muffins that change daily are worth the extra calories...you can work them off hiking!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I eat here at least twice every summer I come to Bigfork, and it is always consistently yummy! I usually get the veggie Benedict, but this time I had the southwest style veggie burger with green chile and homemade ranchero sauce. It was a bit spicy, but very tasty. I love their fries too - that perfect combination of crispy greasy. Combine that with a root beer and you have a wonderful lunch!

1  Thank Jen G

Been to Echo Lake Cafe? Share your experiences!