“This place is going downhill!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Echo Lake Cafe

Echo Lake Cafe
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Bigfork
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalispell, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is going downhill!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We've eaten here at least twenty times over the last five years. It started out fairly good. Always large portions with fresh ingredients and the coffee cake is always a favorite. However, the last four or five times I've eaten here, the food was worse each time. The eggs taste like plastic, no seasoning and no matter how you order them, they're always scrambled. The veggie benedict used to be a favorite of mine, but now the hollandaise is way too salty every time I eat it. I hardly ever come away feeling good about my money spent here anymore. I know this place is a staple breakfast restaurant in Bigfork, but I wish they'd refocus on better food.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Joe D
Robert Y, Owner at Echo Lake Cafe, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Well, first of all, I would like to thank you for your patronage over the years , but I do have some comments on your review. We have had the same kitchen manager since the day we opened and have never changed the way we cook our eggs or the way we make our hollandaise. We cook our eggs any way you want them from over easy to over hard, poached easy to poached hard, scrambled easy to scrambled hard and of course basted and we pride ourselves on our excellent cooking abilities. For you to say that no matter how you order them they always come scrambled is .......well pretty much all anybody needs to know about you and this review!!! The items we sell with hollandaise are our most popular with 10,000 customers ordering them last year, so i guess a few people like our hollandaise sauce. For the record we do not season our eggs and neither do 99.9% of the other breakfast restaurants. As far as your scrambled eggs tasting like plastic.........you'll have to take that up directly with the chickens.

Whitefish, Montana
“Comfort food with great service.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We finally got down to Bigfork to see what all the hype was about for breakfast. This place did not disappoint. Portion were enormous and the ingredients looked and tasted fresh. My only complaint would be the bad acoustics in the front room. It was hard to hear the person across from me. Will not sit there again when I return.

• Visited March 2013
Redmond, Washington
“SOOOOO GOOOD in every way possible”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I lived in that area from 2005-2009. I moved to Seattle since. Back last summer to visit friends. Echo Lake Cafe was on my to do list! The service, the food, the atmosphere, everything about this place is just perfect.

Visited June 2012
Missoula, Montana
“Best Eggs Benedict”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Echo Lake Cafe is a gem! The food and service are always of the highest quality! Everything on the menu (I believe I have had almost everything on the menu!) is great! I especially like the Eggs Benedict...You can mix and match from their selection and I have never come across that option before! The tostada is another of my faves!

• Visited December 2012
Missoula
“Best Breakfast in Montana”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This cafe has been my favorite for many years. Although it is a 1 1/2 hour drive from my home, I have been known to go just for the Veggie Benedict. There are long lines on weekends in summer but one is never disappointed. Great lunch too.

Visited January 2013