“atmosphere”

Bigfork Inn
Ranked #13 of 55 Restaurants in Bigfork
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Missoula, Montana
“atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The food was great! The wait staff was friendly and helpful and the order was prompt. Prices were moderate.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Karen A

West US
“We love the Big Fork Inn....but............”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We love Big Fork and the Big Fork Inn. We have eaten there many times but if you go in the summer and the Big Fork Playhouse is running then you might save yourself some time and drive to Kalispell for dinner and return to Big Fork. Really.....you'll save time. It took 90 minutes for our meal to arrive at our table and the owner Susie could care less. The food was average but the town is magical and so endure. I would recommend you tell your waitress that you are going to the theatre even if you are not so your order to the kitchen is not put at the bottom of the items to be cooked. We will give the restaurant another try since our earlier visits were not like this experience.

• Visited July 2014
California
“Nostlgic Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you want to eat at at a restaurant, that will take you back to how restaurants used to look, feel and operate, go to the Bigfork Inn.

OK, I'm in my 50's and people my age tend to wax nostalgic, but that is not always a bad thing.

This is a restaurant that has kept the décor pretty much like it was when they opened, but it is in no way, "run down".

Kept nice and clean, they have a full bar, a dance floor and plenty of seating for dinner.
There is live music and it is not rap or rock, it is usually a good 4 or 5 piece band, that plays renditions of 40's and 50's Big Band and Jazz.

It's great to watch people, young and old, dance to this style of music, and you won't have your ears blasted out (I guess I am getting old). It's just good fun.

The food is very good. Excellent Prime Rib and I tied "Schnitzel" for the first time there and it was amazing. A very good wine list and the servers are knowledgeable, friendly, very proud of the restaurant and remember how important good service is.

The Bigfork Inn is great to visit year round, but I have had the best time going there in the winter.
At Christmas time, there is a giant, lit and decorated tree, just outside the entrance and when you step in, if feels like the holidays, warm, cozy and lots of laughter.

Bigfork itself in the winter is beautiful and the Inn adds to that experience.
This seems to be a favorite spot for the locals and that is always a testament of a consistency. Like the majority of businesses in Bigfork, the Inn respects the tourist trade and the servers enjoy answering questions about the town, it's rich history and the restaurant.

You can spend a lot (you'll get your money's worth), or keep within a budget if necessary and it is a family friendly place, serving food younger ones will enjoy.
They can easily accommodate large parties. I have been there with a large group a couple of times and the service was perfect.

It is a "Classy" restaurant in it's own way. You can dress up to eat there and not feel out of place, but if your in casual attire, you'll be just fine.

So if you want to step back in time a little, eat in a charming atmosphere, enjoy service that is genuinely friendly and efficient, have a very good dinner and relax afterwards, to music from a bygone era, you owe it to yourself to try the Bigfork Inn.

Young or Old, you can't help but appreciate the preservation of dining the way it used to be. Definitely a break from the usual.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Fireguy710
maine
“Be sure to eat here during your visit to Bigfork !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We arrived just as the restaurant was opening. We were seated immediately. Our server, Anna was friendly, professional and courteous . The salads were fresh and the Huckleberry dressing was yummy. All six of us were pleased with our meals.

• Visited July 2014
Pace, Florida
“Felt back in time, food ok ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

My son and I dropped in for a snack. The decor was old fashioned and quaint. I had the calamari which was good and tomato soup which was ok. Son had the kids fingers which he said was very good. The one thing I didn't love was the waitress kept trying to talk my son into a higher-priced adult entree.