“Wow! Wow! Wow!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bigfork
Candlewycke Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 8 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2009

The quality of accomodations and service should certainly qualify the Candlewyck Inn in Bigfork, Montana for inclusion in the "Select Registry: Distinguished Inns of North America." We spent one night and wished we had spent more. We ordered dinner at the Inn on the night of our arrival and it was splendid. Breakfast the next morning was creative and outstanding. Our room and private bath with whirlpool were spotlessly clean and well decorated. Megan, the hostess, is superb and very flexible. The Inn has it's own deer that are wonderful to watch and are right in the yard. You won't regret a stay at the Candlewyck. It's not the easiest Inn to locate but worth every bit of effort.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2009

This B&B is just outside of Bigfork in the woods. It is equipped with everything you might need.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Just an incredible trip enhanced by a perfect B&B. The setting, hospitality, food, etc. simply could not have been better.
MT is a long way from FL, but I would like to make a return trip.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Each year when I return to Montana from my winter travels I check into Candlewycke Inn for a few weeks while my home is being opened for the season. There are many options for lodging in the area, but I return to Megan’s charming home time after time for several reasons, not the least of which is Megan herself.

An East Coaster, Megan left the rat race of Washington DC and headed west, seeking a new, quieter life. While her hospitality is truly Western – open armed and open hearted – she still maintains the somewhat acerbic humor and forthrightness that I find so entertaining and refreshing in my East Coast friends and family.

Megan’s home is a breath of fresh air from the Montana norm of dark woods and dead animals hanging on the walls. She has combined her love of Americana folk art (an extensive collection gathered over years of travel) with the clean, almost modern lines of the Inn to create a warm, light-filled, eclectic home that is as welcoming as she is.

Although I have not had need of Megan’s concierge services, I have had ample opportunity to witness her level of service for my fellow guests – a level that most 4 star hotels would love to emulate. Regardless of the length of your stay – two days or two weeks, you’ll receive exceptional attention making even a quick visit to the area a memorable experience.

My private room on this stay is the Country Heaven located on the second floor. It is a spotless and spacious cream colored nest with an incredibly comfortable king bed. Private, and very quiet, it is a perfect escape after a day of dealing with plumbers and property managers. Attuned to the moods and needs of her guests, Megan knows when to leave us to our own devises, and when to engage us in enjoyable banter around the dining room table

I’m glad I found the Candlewycke 8 years ago and I look forward to returning to Megan’s breakfast table each spring. Maybe I’ll meet you here over a great cup of coffee and a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2009

The Red Hat Mommas of Bigfork, Montana had brunch at the Candlewycke in beautiful Ferndale, Montana. Every detail was perfect plus Megan and Steve were the "Hosts with the Most".....The ladies had a marvelous time and look forward to a return. Only wished we lived farther away so we could spend the night.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 17, 2009

The innkeeper was very friendly, helpful and interested in our non-profit agency and its mission to help heal troubled children. The breakfast was wonderful and everything about the inn was first rate. I will return with family if I get the chance.

Glenna Wortman-Obie
Intermountain Children's Services

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2009

My wife and I just got home from a Valentine's Day weekend with Steve and Megan - and it was a great weekend! We were treated like family - the food was wonderful, the rooms and beds very comfortable. This is a quiet and romantic setting in a beautiful log home with great hosts! We will be talking them up to our friends and this will not be our only trip to Bigfork and the Candlewycke Inn!

Stayed: February 2009