“Like returning home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Pawling, New York
“Like returning home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Megan anticipated every need and since my prior stays at the Candlewycke Inn were in
the Nautical Room, which was booked when I requested it, she efficiently transferred me
to that room as soon as it was available ...I had gone out for the day and all was perfectly
accomplished when I returned. Additionally, she honored my food requests in the most efficient and delicious fashion. The Inn's peaceful reception at the end of the day is always restoring
and the special deer who brighten our delicious morning breakfast scenes are a delight.
I look forward to my next stay at The Candlewycke Inn w/Megan's sensitive hospitality.
nctanner

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
st louis,mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had a delightful 2 day stay at the candlewycke inn in big fork. The rooms were great. Breakfast was a treat. Megan was quite helpful and a delight to chat with.She had great ideas or dinner and local things to do. Make sure you eat at Mosaic and Showtyme when your there. Save money and grief by booking directly on her website. Don't use the hotel booking sites. I learned the hard way.

Room Tip: Book directly on her website
Lexington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay @ Candlewycke in August 2012. We were duly impressed by the rapid email reservation confirmation/follow-up, regarding dinner availability/choices, excellent directions and welcoming flexible self-check-in. The many antique decorative touches in our room and common areas were beautiful and reminiscent of my youth in New England. Dinner was timely and delicious- perfect after a hectic day traveling- it was like a private room at a fine restaurant- romantic yet low-key. Get the lemon pie- it was awesome.
Our room was immaculate, awesome jacuzzi and comfy bed with loads of covers-like a night at Grama's house. The grounds were private and pristine and we enjoyed a stroll after dinner through some of the paths in the woods. There's also good neighborhood walking with fawns and lots of birds- a real nature lovers paradise. Loved Floppy the buck and the does coming to the expansive back porch for food and wished we had more to spend reading and relaxing there.
Megan is a great host,seamlessly making excellent food appear, answering questions, then disappearing to let us enjoy our stay and some privacy. Overall, this was a breath of pampered, yet unpretentious relaxation and an excellent stay and we will be return visitors.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the first time my husband and I stayed at a B&B. I was a little concerned, wondering in advance if we would feel intruded upon, have little privacy, etc. this did not prove to be true at all. Everything was highly organized from check-in to check-out, requiring only as much interaction as we chose. And Megan was delightful when we did Talk with her. The accommodations were very clean and spacious and the food was outstanding. Definitely will B&B again!

Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

A very tranquil place a couple of miles from the town. I instantly felt relaxed and at home. Megan was extremely helpful in assisting with our plans in Glacier. The food was delicious-you have to forget calorie counting!! Megan is a great cook. We had beautiful rooms overlooking the front and back gardens. The deer visit daily which indicates how peaceful it is. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

The food was great and just generally you have lovely accommodations. A very restful setting with local wildlife, nice rooms, comfortable beds! Just what we needed after a couple of nights camping in Glacier Park. The crowning touch was being able to get cherries and huckleberries. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Inn was very quiet and relaxing. The deer on the lawn added a country feeling. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Only complaint I would have personally is if you have a cat allergy do not stay here. I do have cat allergies and I think the "adopted kitten" is an understatement. I could tell there were cats and had allergies while I stayed there

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Candlewycke Inn B&B, Owner at Candlewycke Inn B&B, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I'm sorry you were affected by my Olivia. As a lone 2 yr old kitten, even though she's an outside cat and only sleeps in my room, people with allergies might do better with hotels as the majority of B&B's in this area have pets in our homes. She is the perfect addition to my Inn. She's not only cute and friendly but provides the needed traveler with a kitty-fix. I have tried many ways to clarify that I do have a cat by stating it on my policies page, posting pictures and reiterating it in my confirmation letter. Thank you for giving my place a try. I appreciate that you stated how clean the rooms are and that you enjoyed the peaceful setting I offer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
Timbers Motel
#2 of 2 in Bigfork
Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Dreamcatcher Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Candlewycke Inn B&B? Share your experiences!