“Great stay-we'll be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bigfork
Candlewycke Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 9 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Lexington, Texas, United States
“Great stay-we'll be back!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay @ Candlewycke in August 2012. We were duly impressed by the rapid email reservation confirmation/follow-up, regarding dinner availability/choices, excellent directions and welcoming flexible self-check-in. The many antique decorative touches in our room and common areas were beautiful and reminiscent of my youth in New England. Dinner was timely and delicious- perfect after a hectic day traveling- it was like a private room at a fine restaurant- romantic yet low-key. Get the lemon pie- it was awesome.
Our room was immaculate, awesome jacuzzi and comfy bed with loads of covers-like a night at Grama's house. The grounds were private and pristine and we enjoyed a stroll after dinner through some of the paths in the woods. There's also good neighborhood walking with fawns and lots of birds- a real nature lovers paradise. Loved Floppy the buck and the does coming to the expansive back porch for food and wished we had more to spend reading and relaxing there.
Megan is a great host,seamlessly making excellent food appear, answering questions, then disappearing to let us enjoy our stay and some privacy. Overall, this was a breath of pampered, yet unpretentious relaxation and an excellent stay and we will be return visitors.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the first time my husband and I stayed at a B&B. I was a little concerned, wondering in advance if we would feel intruded upon, have little privacy, etc. this did not prove to be true at all. Everything was highly organized from check-in to check-out, requiring only as much interaction as we chose. And Megan was delightful when we did Talk with her. The accommodations were very clean and spacious and the food was outstanding. Definitely will B&B again!

Swansea
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A very tranquil place a couple of miles from the town. I instantly felt relaxed and at home. Megan was extremely helpful in assisting with our plans in Glacier. The food was delicious-you have to forget calorie counting!! Megan is a great cook. We had beautiful rooms overlooking the front and back gardens. The deer visit daily which indicates how peaceful it is. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Helena, Montana
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The food was great and just generally you have lovely accommodations. A very restful setting with local wildlife, nice rooms, comfortable beds! Just what we needed after a couple of nights camping in Glacier Park. The crowning touch was being able to get cherries and huckleberries. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
phoenix
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Inn was very quiet and relaxing. The deer on the lawn added a country feeling. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Only complaint I would have personally is if you have a cat allergy do not stay here. I do have cat allergies and I think the "adopted kitten" is an understatement. I could tell there were cats and had allergies while I stayed there

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Candlewycke Inn B&B, Owner at Candlewycke Inn B&B, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I'm sorry you were affected by my Olivia. As a lone 2 yr old kitten, even though she's an outside cat and only sleeps in my room, people with allergies might do better with hotels as the majority of B&B's in this area have pets in our homes. She is the perfect addition to my Inn. She's not only cute and friendly but provides the needed traveler with a kitty-fix. I have tried many ways to clarify that I do have a cat by stating it on my policies page, posting pictures and reiterating it in my confirmation letter. Thank you for giving my place a try. I appreciate that you stated how clean the rooms are and that you enjoyed the peaceful setting I offer.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My Brother had a poor experience at another place when he last visited Big Fork. This was my first time in the area and since he was joining me on this trip, I felt it was important to find a great place for us to have a memorable vacation together. Thank goodness for reviews! Most every review had something positive to say about Candlewycke Inn. Megan, the owner has got her act together. She knows how to run a B&B. She is very organized with her reservations, confirmations and billing. I think pictures (on a website) speak a thousand words, but frankly, I don't think it does her place justice. It sits on a lovely, quiet setting yet it is only about 7 or eight minutes from Big Fork. Her Inn is filled with hospitality from her welcoming board at the front door step, to the warm and inviting interior of the living area which is open to all guests. I booked two rooms downstairs. The beds were totally fabulous and the rooms were generous, well appointed and clean as a whistle. - including the bathrooms. We stayed four overnights. Every morning we could not wait to see what Megan was serving for breakfast. What a good chef!! I asked her if she would cook a birthday dinner for my brother and three other guests who were invited for the occasion because a number of restaurants were closed in the area. Megan had a previous outside engagement but because of the professional she is, she cancelled her plans, and went out of her way to cook us a fabulous meal. In fact out of five people, 3 of us had different meals! I would recommend Megan and her Inn to anyone who desires a wonderful retreat and treat! Thanks Megan, B. Anderson

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank blaire a
Whitefish, Montana, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Candlewycke Inn for a couple years now. We've experienced almost every room at the Inn and enjoy each one for it's warmth and comfort. We especially love her beds and unique breakfasts. The deer that live and visit her have names are part of the special atmosphere each morning. We love going in the summer as the fawns are so cute and play with her kitten Olivia. It's quiet and peaceful and we feel at home when we visit Megan. When my husband and I got married 2 years ago in Kalispell, we invited Megan as she has become part of our family now that we moved to Montana. It's obvious to everyone that stays there that she enjoys what she does and she does it well.

2 Thank Inga R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 9 in Bigfork
Flathead Lake Resort
Flathead Lake Resort
#5 of 9 in Bigfork

Been to Candlewycke Inn B&B? Share your experiences!