“A beautiful retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bigfork
Candlewycke Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 8 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A very tranquil place a couple of miles from the town. I instantly felt relaxed and at home. Megan was extremely helpful in assisting with our plans in Glacier. The food was delicious-you have to forget calorie counting!! Megan is a great cook. We had beautiful rooms overlooking the front and back gardens. The deer visit daily which indicates how peaceful it is. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The food was great and just generally you have lovely accommodations. A very restful setting with local wildlife, nice rooms, comfortable beds! Just what we needed after a couple of nights camping in Glacier Park. The crowning touch was being able to get cherries and huckleberries. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Inn was very quiet and relaxing. The deer on the lawn added a country feeling. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Only complaint I would have personally is if you have a cat allergy do not stay here. I do have cat allergies and I think the "adopted kitten" is an understatement. I could tell there were cats and had allergies while I stayed there

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Candlewycke Inn B&B, Owner at Candlewycke Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

I'm sorry you were affected by my Olivia. As a lone 2 yr old kitten, even though she's an outside cat and only sleeps in my room, people with allergies might do better with hotels as the majority of B&B's in this area have pets in our homes. She is the perfect addition to my Inn. She's not only cute and friendly but provides the needed traveler with a kitty-fix. I have tried many ways to clarify that I do have a cat by stating it on my policies page, posting pictures and reiterating it in my confirmation letter. Thank you for giving my place a try. I appreciate that you stated how clean the rooms are and that you enjoyed the peaceful setting I offer.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My Brother had a poor experience at another place when he last visited Big Fork. This was my first time in the area and since he was joining me on this trip, I felt it was important to find a great place for us to have a memorable vacation together. Thank goodness for reviews! Most every review had something positive to say about Candlewycke Inn. Megan, the owner has got her act together. She knows how to run a B&B. She is very organized with her reservations, confirmations and billing. I think pictures (on a website) speak a thousand words, but frankly, I don't think it does her place justice. It sits on a lovely, quiet setting yet it is only about 7 or eight minutes from Big Fork. Her Inn is filled with hospitality from her welcoming board at the front door step, to the warm and inviting interior of the living area which is open to all guests. I booked two rooms downstairs. The beds were totally fabulous and the rooms were generous, well appointed and clean as a whistle. - including the bathrooms. We stayed four overnights. Every morning we could not wait to see what Megan was serving for breakfast. What a good chef!! I asked her if she would cook a birthday dinner for my brother and three other guests who were invited for the occasion because a number of restaurants were closed in the area. Megan had a previous outside engagement but because of the professional she is, she cancelled her plans, and went out of her way to cook us a fabulous meal. In fact out of five people, 3 of us had different meals! I would recommend Megan and her Inn to anyone who desires a wonderful retreat and treat! Thanks Megan, B. Anderson

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blaire a
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Candlewycke Inn for a couple years now. We've experienced almost every room at the Inn and enjoy each one for it's warmth and comfort. We especially love her beds and unique breakfasts. The deer that live and visit her have names are part of the special atmosphere each morning. We love going in the summer as the fawns are so cute and play with her kitten Olivia. It's quiet and peaceful and we feel at home when we visit Megan. When my husband and I got married 2 years ago in Kalispell, we invited Megan as she has become part of our family now that we moved to Montana. It's obvious to everyone that stays there that she enjoys what she does and she does it well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Inga R
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We used to bring our mothers to Candlewyck Inn every year and visit the shops, the festivals and of course, Glacier Park. Now they have passed on we have a girlfriend group that goes to stay at Candlewyck Inn every year to visit with Megan and stay in her lovely inn. It's unbelievable to me that a previous reviewer would be diappointed. I can't imagine a lovelier place. Megan is a joy and I can't think of enough superlatives to describe her breakfasts.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 543Linda
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at Candlewycke. Our room was very comfortable and wonderfully decorated. Breakfast was delicious and it was fun to gather with other travelers around the table. Gounds were immaculate and the Inn shows pride in ownership. Megan is a great host. We will definitley stay at Candlewycke when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple