“Valentines Day Surprise”

Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I surprised my wife with a weekend stay at this wonderful location. We had been here once before, in the summer, and loved it. This trip, right before Valentines Day, was a surprise to my wife and I combined it with a business trip in Missoula.

The room we had was HUGE and brought big smiles to our faces from the moment we entered the room. A wonderful fireplace (needs a bearskin rug..haha). VIEW was AWESOME! Looked over the courtyard and into the lake. We enjoyed the spa the following morning, even though it snowed. What a great experience!

One of the things I like the best about this lodge, is that there is both a Pub and a Nice Restaurant on site! I dont get to drink when we go out for dinner as I am the driver. However, here I could. Try the Long Island Ice Teas...they are KILLER! Meal at the pub our first night was good and reasonably priced. We had the Prime Rib Sunday Buffet the next morning, and could barely move afterwards. It was SOOO good! My only recommendation, is that if you stay for the Sunday Brunch, stay another night so you don't have to drive with a full belly! I would have rather had a nice nap and another jaunt in the spa!

You cannot imagine how difficult it is to surprise your wife after 26 years, and this lodge delivered! THANKS!

Room Tip: Top Floor Room had the BEST View! I think it was in the 300 series, but they will help you pick it...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I want to add a note on my experience with my boyfriend. First of all, our stay was excellent. Before going however, I happened to read two or three posts on here (out of 30, so not many) that gave a less than favorable rating...yet the majority were great reviews. Nevertheless I was somewhat skeptical from the couple of negative reviews I read. I was very happy to find the lodge was beautiful, clean, and had really great views. I'm a fairly picky person when it comes to cleanliness in a hotel room and our Ponderosa room (this one is dog friendly) was spotless, attractive, and even provided a really nice dog bed. We had a great kitchen, cozy fireplace, the best view of the lake amongst all the rooms since we were highest up on the third floor...the bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom (sink inside and outside bathroom) was just right. We had a lot of privacy (although winter is definitely a down-time for Flathead lake travel) which made for a super romantic and relaxed stay. While not right on the lake the place has commanding views of the mountains and lake both. The hot tub did not disappoint and was perfectly warm...we had a good soak. The little bar/restaurant named Rileys had alright food (good enough) for dinner...and our waitress was one of the nicest people we'd had waiting on us in years. She was so sweet. The morning was great because we had signed up for the brunch special that came with the room and was well worth it. The brunch was a complete feast- anything you could want was there including bottomless mimosas and great coffee. Our servers were top-notch. We stayed extra long to take advantage of the brunch, and accidentally overstayed the 11 AM checkout time. No problem- the front desk was more than kind and did not make us feel unwelcome. Overall- I highly recommend this place as a comfortable, pretty, sweet getaway with good value. They could update their curtains and bedspread just to improve the sleek look of the place- but other than that it was totally clean, and we were so happy. Thanks!

Room Tip: Try 3rd floor, best views of all!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We have been going to Mtn Lake Lodge for several years and have never had any of the poor experiences listed in the reviews. We just got back from the "Riley's special"--a great room (with gas fireplace, which we love!) and $25 voucher for Riley's Pub, which is on the property. The staff was friendly--and especially fun at Rileys. Next time we go, I will request a room that has the large walk in shower--we have always gotten that, and were surprised this time to just have a regular shower. There is an outside hot tub, but I just don't enjoy the walk back to the room in January! We have in the past gotten the Sunday brunch offered, which is good too. Clean room, great bed, nice accommodations, and a great winter get-away. (Fun in the summer too--my son really enjoyed the putting green on the property. And the infinity pool and view is amazing! )

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the walk in shower.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BBMT
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a charming lake lodge in Bigfork for a 3 night getaway, pet friendly. We were attracted by pictures of the lodge, two conversations with the front desk detailing amenities and booked the room on an attractive off season rate. On arrival after a 14 hour drive, we couldn't have been more shocked by the furnishings, or lack there of in the room. Literally, the room appeared to have been stripped bare. No end tables next to the sofa or reading lamps, extremely basic, low end bathroom, not even the barest of decoration or charm. The bed had a thin foam rubber style blanket covered by a tired bedspread. This property needs to hire a decorator to upgrade the property if it wants to command the high per room rates in the area. We were so disappointed we checked out the next morning and rebooked at lovely cabins in Whitefish.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Champagne-Powdergirl
BigfokMtnLakeLodg, General Manager at Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Room advertised as:

Ponderosa - KING EXECUTIVE one bedroom suite located on the upper level with a separate bedroom featuring a king bed and a living room with a queen sofa sleeper, gas fireplace, wet bar and large deck for enjoying the expansive views of Flathead Lake.

$129 Special for a One Night Stay in a Spacious Fireplace Suite and a $25 food/beverage voucher to Riley’s Pub.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Mountain Lake Lodge was amazing! The people were friendly, the rooms were clean, and the amenities were great. It was also nice being next door to a convenience store. In Montana, it seems to take forever to get anywhere so it was nice to be able to run next door for drinks and snacks. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LKStremple
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Too bad we were booked in for only one night. The place was gorgeous. Well appointed rooms and manicured grounds. Beautiful setting for the pool and hot tub. Staff at the pub looked after our needs. Family friendly accomodations without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rob o
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stop between Glacier and Missoula...and it was a good idea since we have been stopped for 3 hours on iceberg lake trail cause of bears and so the trip to Missoula should have been too long...
The lodge even if entrance is on the road is very quiet as rooms rae face to lake and the garden.
They are large, with very large bathrooms.
Amenity are perfect, the poll of good size and open from 7am to 11pm.
Nights here are quiet and plenty of dreams.
We'll be back for more .
Bigfork has nice resaurants.
only complain is about breakfast : use the local products and it will be perfect. Thre are berries, cherries,local fish ansd it would be better than melon, strawberry, industrial granola,....

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice....
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Monpetit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
#5 of 9 in Bigfork
Islander Inn
Islander Inn
#4 of 9 in Bigfork

Been to Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!