“Can't even get a reservation!”
Review of Swan River Inn

and 1 more site!
Swan River Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Bigfork B&B and Inns
North Dakota
“Can't even get a reservation!”
Reviewed April 17, 2008

I haven't actually stayed at the Inn but did try multiple times to make a reservation there! We are coming to MT this summer for a wedding which is actually taking place at the Swan River Inn. Supposedly the whole place was "on hold" until all parties of the wedding were able to decide if they would stay there. I tried to reserve a room and was quoted prices not reduced as expected. I then tried back on another occasion and was told they were fully booked in the inn but could rent a "cabin" just a short ways away. Later after speaking with the bride to be, she informs me there is still one room left in the "inn" and I could reserve it if I wanted it. Needless to say by this time I already have made other reservations at an Inn which wanted me to stay there! If the actual service is as bad at the inn as the preview has been, I am glad they told me all the rooms were reserved!

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Annegirl3294

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cranbrook
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I have never written a review before, bad or good. However my experience with the hotel was so bad, I felt I had to share it. I booked on a Tuesday for the following Saturday by phone and felt lucky to find a cabin available that would comfortably sleep 3 on such short notice. On arrival to check in I was informed I was supposed to be there the night before. I distinctley remember the conversation because it had just occured several days before so I know the error was on their end. The owner of the hotel however would accept none the responisibility and instead offered another room at the same rate as the cabin. This room was DARK, still under some construction, no deadbolts but holes where they should be. The deck was full of tools. At our suggestion that the room should be discounted due to construction and their error, she told us she would have no problem renting it to someone else AND kept insisting that the error may have not been with them but us. Not a single apology, and the only offer of reparation was a $10.00 discount off a $250.00 room. Needless to say we decided NOT to support their business. As a business owner I was appalled at the lack of customer service and integrity.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank divadooger

Travelers are raving about these Bigfork hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2006

When we called to make a reservation at the Swan River Inn, we were a little taken aback when Margritte recommended the Leather and Lace Room. She assured us that the room was very nice, so we agreed to reserve it. Our fears vanished when we saw the room - it was incredible! All I can say is Wow!

This room was enormous, it had to be at least 30 x 30 feet. The theme was Montana western. The room was furnished with beautiful antiques, local art work and a massive king size bed with a cow-hide headboard and feather duvet. There was also a leather sofa and an animal hide chair. The floors were hardwood, topped with several antique area rugs. Three steps lead down to the bathroom area. The shower was done in aged bricks and was just beautiful.

The room also had satellite tv, telephone, writing table, mini fridge, coffee maker with both regular and decaf coffee supplied, wine glasses, stonewear coffee mugs, and a hair dryer. The bed had a feather topper which made is super comfortable. We had a great sleep here. The manager (Margritte) thinks of everything to make your stay enjoyable.

I did notice 2 fans in the room, so I don't think it was air conditioned. This wasn't an issue in May but it's possible it might get a little warm in the summer, although being so close to the bay I would think that it would really cool off at night.

This inn only has about 6 rooms and each is decorated in a different theme. They are situated downtown on the bay. Our room rented out in the shoulder season for $95 and was a veritable bargain.

Thanks Margritte, for your friendly hospitality! We loved our room and we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank Camping_Girl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
Flathead Lake Resort
Flathead Lake Resort
#6 of 9 in Bigfork
Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Swan River Inn? Share your experiences!