“Excellent breakfast spot Bigfork”
Review of Pocketstone Cafe

Pocketstone Cafe
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Home cooked breakfast and lunch is a Montana tradition at the Pocketstone Cafe.
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast, Fresh local jams, fresh biscuits, server made good recommendations - and they were spot on.

1  Thank Marc S

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for breakfast. The biscuits are huge, so just get one. Everything we had was delicious, but the portions are huge. We could have split a breakfast, but I didn't want to share.

1  Thank ckssr1961
Reviewed August 19, 2017

For starters it was 2pm when we arrived and they were busy as all get out so I expected a long wait. We were greeted and seated right away. After only a few minutes our server greeted us and got our drink order. We wanted something simple and came here intent on burgers. In fact, we drove past several other places to come here due to TA reviews and the sound of their menu. Then I realized they have 1/2lb burgers!! I requested a 1/4lb patty, I dont want all that meat overpowering my sandwich, I like a nice culmination of all the flavors. The server said she would ask and was accompanied by (presumably) the manager upon her return who clarified, yes they could give me the "kids" patty and helped the server enter the info (they used e-tablets). The manager also offered to offset the price a bit, which was unexpected but appreciated. The manager ended up bringing out the order, obviously she was staying on top of this situation, which I really liked. She admitted the kitchen folks just went with the standard order and I got a 1/2lb burger. She patiently asked if I would be willing to accept it. I declined. She explained that it was definitely put in correctly but a request that deviated from the menu and was an honest mistake by the kitchen, provided me with the fries to munch on in the mean time, which I also thought was a great decision to try to keep me happy. Ultimately my son was almost done eating and the place was so busy and I was so full of fries, I then requested the sandwich to go, which they did. They also provided one more "apology". I told the manager that I thought she did an excellent job handling the situation, I really liked the way she stayed on top of it and tried to make sure that the situation was addressed as adequately as possible. FINALLY, I ate the burger while we were half way back to camp (we'd been eating freeze dried meals for two days and had hiked about 5 miles at 8000' so we were pretty hungry for something substantial on this particular occasion). I think the fries were fresh cut but they were somehow not soggy like most fresh cut fries so they were really good, I ate 'em all, but more importantly, the burger was almost worth the wait. It was fantastic and the best part was that bun! If I had known that bun was so good, I would have told them to toss that burger patty off there and just let me have the veggie sandwich cause that bun was the real centerpiece for that sammy! I didn't get the manager's name but I would definitely recommend this place and will give them another try when in the area. Although my situation was less than desirable and can be pretty frustrating when you're just wanting an uneventful meal, I felt like the quality of the food and and overall service was still worth 5 stars! Thanks Pocketstone staff!

1  Thank posibility409
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We were immediately seated at this attractive downtown Bigfork restaurant. The chicken noodle soup was especially good. Service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

My wife and I stopped by on our vacation for a breakfast in downtown Big Fork, Montana. We both thought the food was great and the service ok. Just enough unique things on the menu to keep it interesting.