“When will they ever figure it out???”
Review of Pocketstone Cafe

Pocketstone Cafe
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Home cooked breakfast and lunch is a Montana tradition at the Pocketstone Cafe.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Decided to give it a try again today, hoping that it was during the off-season would make a difference in service. They still continue to be the slowest place in town. We had alotted 90 minutes to have lunch and get back to the office. There was no queue for tables, but the staff still seemed overwhelmed and confused. Once we got a table, we still waited 15 minutes for menus. It was another 10 minutes before we could place our order and another 35 minutes before our food arrived. Once our food arrived we literally had 10 minutes to eat before we needed to leave to return to the office. The still insist on making sandwiches on bread that's over an inch thick on each slice. You can't even get your mouth over it. I basically had to eat each half of my sandwich topless. And the crust was so dry that I couldn't swallow it. My side salad was bland and the blue cheese dressing was watery. People were complaining around us about the slow service, and coincidentally the owner was sitting at the table next to us, alone, eating his lunch, completely oblivious, and one of the waitresses sat down at the table on the other side of us and started visiting with her friend. I don't understand why this place continues to stay open when places like the River Street Pub, which had much better food and service had to close.

2  Thank Bighawk10

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wow better turn up hungry, the food is freshly made and simply some of the best food I have ever ate. Lovely friendly staff, we were made to feel welcome and the service was excellent if your near Bigfork don't let this cafe pass you by x

2  Thank helen c
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent a week in Bigfork for buisness this summer. I ate at this delightful cafe everyday. I'm not sure how those girls ( servers) do it! I have been part of the birth of nine 5 star resteraunts all over the US. This place is delightful. The coffee, food and service is well done. From observation... Some of the people who come through those doors and write negative reviews...do not realize that the world simply dose not revolve around them. It's Montana in the peak of the busy season. Relax! Enjoy! I know I did! I would recommend this place to anyone!

2  Thank CandaceSteely
Reviewed September 15, 2012

loved their pancakes, loved their strawberry waffles, great service, too. just an all around great place that i would recommend to everyone.

2  Thank montanalocaleater
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Wow, what a suprise to find such a great place in a small town. My wife and I were here on 9/15/12. Brittany was our waitress and she was very friendly and guided us on good selections.
We both had a reuben and it was the best we've ever had anywhere and it came with a nice salad for a very low price. We also had strawberry milkshake, and they split it for us, which was a nice touch. We will be back and we will tell all our friends to eat there. They do close at 3pm so best get there by 2pm. Thanks again. BTW, the flowers out front were amazing!