“Good food and service - a great value”
Review of Pocketstone Cafe

Pocketstone Cafe
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Home cooked breakfast and lunch is a Montana tradition at the Pocketstone Cafe.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The food was great (try the chicken noodle soup) and the service was good. Desserts looked great but were too full to sample.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've been coming to Bigfork for 20years with my family. This is one of the 'newer' restaurants in town. We've come back to this restaurant 5 times over the past several years, trying to give it a chance, and we are repeatedly disappointed with the food AND service. The first time I went, I ordered scrambled eggs, an hour later, they brought out what resembled an overcooked omelette. I told them I'd asked for scrambled eggs, they took my plate away, and it came back 20minutes later-- the SAME order, that the chef or waitress had just cut up into pieces.... I mean, seriously?? That's just rude. We've always gone early enough so we get seated promptly, but then end up waiting an hour plus for food (when it's not even that busy??!), and never even have our water glasses refilled. I don't mind waiting-- as you're in a small town, and the pace is slower, BUT the service is just bad, and what's worse is that the food isn't worth waiting for. It's a shame because the restaurant itself is actually really cute, and the staff seems nice, they are just understaffed or don't care about their lousy service, not sure which. We pretty much always go to Echo Lake Cafe instead, or Bearfood up the street for their delicious coffee and lattes, and their breakfast is actually really good, too.

1  Thank Guila-Monster
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had not read any of the reviews on TA before going for lunch. It was a recommend from one of the guides at the Conrad Mansion. Needed a table for six so got our name on the list - we were told it would be about a 30 minute wait. Got our beeper and popped into some of the shops. After about 20 minutes our beeper went off and we returned. Had a wonderful waitress who was friendly and very helpful. Four of us had decided on the reuben sandwich but alas there was only one left to be had. The waitress suggested two of us split one and order an extra side of fries. My daughter had the veggie sandwich and it was absolutely delicious, others had the bacon burger, chicken burger and prime rib sandwich. No one was disappointed. The coffee was hot and strong. The meals arrived promptly and were very filling. They had cupcakes that looked absolutely delicious but no one had any room for dessert. The only draw back to the restaurant was that it was very noisy but that would not stop us from stopping in again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

had good breakfast and good lunch, not outstanding, but turnoff was the waitress filling the ice bin and using her bare hands to re-distribute ice.

2  Thank Lorraine F
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Staff were attentive although the service was a little slow. Life's pace in lake towns is generally a little slower. The pleasant weather and atmosphere made up for it. Food was very good. My 10 yo liked the kids food too. Would go back again as long as I wasn't in a hurry.

Been to Pocketstone Cafe? Share your experiences!