Averill's Flathead Lake Lodge
Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge(Bigfork)(Great Value!)
$252
Islander Inn(Bigfork)(Great Value!)
$179
$135
Timbers Motel(Bigfork)(Great Value!)
Bridge Street Cottages(Bigfork)(Great Value!)
$255
$224
Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell(Kalispell)(Great Value!)
$242
$229
GardenInn.com
$129
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewssteak fryall ageshorseback ridingfamily vacationwater skiingarts and craftsfly fishingheated poolwhite water raftingskeet shootinglog cabinfun activitiesper dayother guestslittle girlextended familymost memorable vacations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent a week at the Flathead Lake Lodge with my son this past August. We had a great time. There are loads of fun activities to choose from. We rode horses, we cycled with a guide to a gorgeous lake, my son took wake boarding lessons on another gorgeous lake, we went white water rafting, we went hiking with a guide, my son played laser tag, we went to a rodeo, I had a massage. We also just hung out at the lodge and swam in the pool or the lake. My son, who is 12, met friends right away and had a group to eat lunch and dinner with. On our own, we arranged a tour of National Glacier Park, which is definitely worth doing. The kids eat a bit earlier than the adults. The food for them is very kid friendly, the food for the adults is more gourmet. We stayed in a small, though quite comfortable two bedroom cabin. No complaints.

Room Tip: Our two bedroom cabin was very comfortable and nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank NYNYGIraffe
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was our 5th annual girl's trip and we decided to take the guys. Our first time to Montana and we couldn't have had a better experience. Staff was fabulous, we knew most by name at the end of the stay. Great meals, truly gourmet. Lots of activities, riding, kayaking, boating, swimming in the lake or pool. Shopping in Big Fork. Only word to describe it PERFECT!

Room Tip: No TVs, just be aware. And let the wrangles know your riding experience.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank JStrickla
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I expected to have a good time... what I got was the time of my life!
It’s no surprise that Averill’s Flathead Lake Lodge is always ranked in the top 10 list
of American dude/guest ranches. I don’t feel like I’ve missed much as far as great vacations go, but the week I spent at this place goes down as #1 on my list. If you’re looking for a drop jaw beautiful location, great riding on 2,000 acres of amazing Montana countryside, water sports on the largest freshwater lake in the west-- this is your jackpot. The main lodge is like something out of a western dream with a fire that’s burning in the huge great room when you step inside for your first cup of coffee in the morning. Settle in for a delicious breakfast of your choosing. The place is pretty much run like a family ranch where you’re a welcome and pampered friend. You can go for advanced rides and arena events on some fine horses if that’s your thing. And on a windy day you can catch some extreme “rails in the water” sailing on the prettiest lake you’re likely to see in your lifetime. I visited with a childhood friend and we left the kids at home, but the families there with kids of all ages were having a blast. If you want to relax, go for gentle sails, swim in the heated pool, take yoga classes, hit the gorgeous riding trails on a reliably safe horse with an experienced wrangler as your guide, you can do all that and more. We stayed in the south lodge... our rooms faced the lake... and were warm and charmingly rustic--meaning "rustic" in the best way! The food was terrific and the saloon was a welcome story-swapping spot at the end of our jam-packed days. The staff was first class and went out of their way to keep us happy. We made some good friends and put some fantastic memories on the books. To top it all off-- the lodge sponsored five Special Forces soldiers and their families who were welcomed like the heroes they are.
If it sounds like I’d go back... in a heartbeat!!!
PS It's only 35 miles from Glacier National Park, and that's a must see!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Judy V
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The best way to describe Flathead Lake Lodge is that it reminded me of going to summer camp, but as a deluxe and five-star version. We had our entire family - 30 members ranging in age from 3 to 78 years old - and loved the entire week. My room was perfect for just me with a private bathroom and personal coffee maker. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. Anything we requested was handled promptly and with the utmost care. It was fun watching staff members teach youngsters to fly fish and ride horses. We played all day on beautiful Flathead Lake. The meals were superb and I had to refrain from eating everything and was happy that there were always options. There are more activities than one can do in a day and the grounds are beautiful. I loved the trail ride and BBQ. Don't miss the Mouse Races. Mahalo to the Averill Family for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LJKelley
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Beautiful breathtaking views, healthy horses, clean cabins, good kid friendly food, pools, lakes, arts and crafts, bike riding, water sports, volleyball. game room, marshmellows, cheery staff kids activities, everything perfect. ive come back so many times and never get sick of it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family