Averill's Flathead Lake Lodge
$211
$135
$235
$229
Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell(Kalispell)(Great Value!)
$209
$116
  • Pool
$163
$152
All reviewssteak fryall ageshorseback ridingfamily vacationwater skiingarts and craftsfly fishingheated poolwhite water raftingskeet shootinglog cabinfun activitiesper dayother guestslittle girlextended familymost memorable vacations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The best way to describe Flathead Lake Lodge is that it reminded me of going to summer camp, but as a deluxe and five-star version. We had our entire family - 30 members ranging in age from 3 to 78 years old - and loved the entire week. My room was perfect for just me with a private bathroom and personal coffee maker. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. Anything we requested was handled promptly and with the utmost care. It was fun watching staff members teach youngsters to fly fish and ride horses. We played all day on beautiful Flathead Lake. The meals were superb and I had to refrain from eating everything and was happy that there were always options. There are more activities than one can do in a day and the grounds are beautiful. I loved the trail ride and BBQ. Don't miss the Mouse Races. Mahalo to the Averill Family for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LJKelley
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Beautiful breathtaking views, healthy horses, clean cabins, good kid friendly food, pools, lakes, arts and crafts, bike riding, water sports, volleyball. game room, marshmellows, cheery staff kids activities, everything perfect. ive come back so many times and never get sick of it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank clopezbalboa
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Flathead Lake Lodge exceeded all expectations. My husband and I visited with our two kids, 11 and 7, and my father joined us as well. We had an amazing cabin overlooking the gorgeous lake, and my dad had the adjoining cabin sharing a deck with us. The lodge and ranch have it all. All the watersports you could hope for, sailboats, canoes, stand up paddle boards, waterskiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding; whatever you desire. Then, there is horseback riding everyday in kids groups, teen groups, and adult groups on fabulous horses through the many trails in the surrounding mountains. There are tennis courts too. The lodge itself is so lovely, food is outstanding, and they make you feel so welcome there. You can do as much or as little as you want. Swimming in the lake is so refreshing, it's the cleanest lake I've ever seen. Each one of us can't wait to go back. We met lovely people who we wil hope to see again.

Room Tip: I think all the guests were happy with their cabins or rooms in the lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank allisoninmalibu
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The food is always wonderful, and the staff is always cheery. The heated swimming pool and the game room are always fun. Arts&Crafts is always fun for the little ones.The horses are fun and friendly and they are easy to get attached to. Loved roasting the marshmallows, using the volleyball court, riding bikes, doing water sports, jumping off of the dock, caring for the horses, watching the kids rodeo and barrel races. The wranglers are incredibly helpful. The cabins are very nice and spacey, with room for everyone. My family and I have been coming here for the past 2 decades. Always entertained and pleased, returning to so many familiar faces.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank cecelove1234
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I have had the wonderful opportunity to visit Averill Flathead Lake Lodge a few times. It is hard to put into words how special and memorable the week long experience is here. Staff is very friendly and always accommodating your needs. The fun part is a majority of the staff is from all over the US, so you always find interesting conversations or meet someone from back home. The lodge also does a great job with introduces the guests and getting them to mingle. By the end of the week you feel like one big family! However, what stole my heart were the scenery and activities. Every day and night there is something to do from smores, to steak fry in the elk farm, to riding horses, doing activities on the lake, fishing, dancing, volleyball, bike riding, hiking, white water rafting, shopping in the unique town, and being part of the penning experience. You become one with the lodge as if you have lived the western life your entire life. Nothing is off limits, because they make you feel like the lodge is your home. And nothing is more spectacular then watching the sunset over the beautiful lake. You can be sitting on the dock, at the pool, on the grass, or tucked away on a chair. The view is one of a kind. Last but not least I cannot forget to mention the food. Every meal has plenty of options and tastes delicious. They graciously accommodated allergies, and food preference (fish fry night I asked for chicken).

There is no place like the lodge, because it is like home. I look forward to the day I can go back. My heart ached for a few days after I left because it was so hard to not wake up to crystal clean air and see a lake outside my window. If you need a family vacation, a solo getaway, or a western experience the lodge is the place to go.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends