“Great night in a great place”
Review of Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Timber
Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Big Timber B&B and Inns
Victor, Montana
“Great night in a great place”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and i stayed one night at the Grand Hotel and also attended a very high class dinner/banquet there. It was all very first class. The room was really a suite and had all of the glitz of a very warm, sophisticated,and historic hotel. Not only was the facility tops, the dinner was exceptional. The food was great. The staff members were all professional, friendly, courteous and personnel. We were right at home, and everyone made us feel welcome. We told oursleves that we would definitely have to return to Big Timber and the grand Hotel this coming summer and stay longer than one night. When we left in the morning we also had breakfast at the grand and we were surprised that the breakfast price was already included in our stay so "guess what" we onoy had to leave a nice tip for the waitress and staff. The Grand made our stay in Big Timber 100% plus enjoyable. Thanks Grand. Gary and Joan

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if possible.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The Grand was built in the 1890s. We stayed in a large room with a sitting room and small kitchen. The room was very comfortable and even included a full bath and a TV. We enjoy staying at the Grand because they are pet friendly and the restaurant is second to none. A stay here is like stepping back in time. The staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Room 7 is large and includes a full bath.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cody, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I dined at the Grand Hotel twice in one weekend during a trip we had taken recently. Best steaks and chicken we've ever had. I highly recommend this restaurant - what a surprise to find such an excellent menu and food in a tiny town in Montana!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosemary, AB, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We loved this hotel! It was all we had hoped for and the town of Big Timber was more than we had expected. Our rooms (2 couples) were lovely, clean and comfortable. Both rooms had private bath, but I would not hesitate to reserve a room with a shared bathroom as the shared bath area has several spacious half and full bath rooms that are wonderfully decorated and stocked with a good assortment of personal grooming amenities. We thoroughly enjoyed the sitting areas, the dining room (breakfast was great) and the overall atmosphere in this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Service in the dining room for dinner was a little slow, but only because both the saloon and dining room were full and the waitresses looked after both sides - the meal was definitely worth the wait and our waitress was very friendly despite being so busy. We also enjoyed our walk around Big Timber and were quite surprised at the number of fine little shops and restaurants. We would most definitely recommend a stay in Big Timber at the Grand Hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Be sure and eat dinner at their excellent restaurant. (I had the Elk Rellenos!)
The rooms are clean and well appointed; the price (early October) was quite economical--but ten times worth your stay anywhere else.
This hotel dates from the late 1800's, is a valued historic property, and is run and staffed by well-trained, polite and friendly people.
You do NOT want to miss the experience!
(PS: I am a single, adventurous female--world-traveled and of discriminating tastes.)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jules F
Montana
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I'll admit that I was attracted to the "Grand Hotel's" marketing scheme of a historic Western boutique hotel that exuded character and ambience. I made a reservation for Room 12, and arrived about 9 PM. Checking-in was difficult, since the door to the lobby was locked, requiring me to access the lobby via the double-doors next door which was the bar entrance (no small feat with several bags of luggage). Finding the clerk to check-in required me to go back to the bar to find someone to help me. Finally, an employee at the bar agreed to help me check-in. I was cautioned by the Clerk not to go outside after a certain time because they lock the hotel doors, and only the police would be able to help me re-enter the hotel. (good to know, but still a little disturbing.)

Room 12 was worn, sad, and tired, and not inviting or comfortable. The flooring consisted of brown medium shag carpeting and the furnishings included a dilapidated old couch with a cigarette burn in the cushion. There was a pervasive smell of dust or old cloth. The bathroom has been re-done, but the rest of the room most closely resembled an old tenement apartment in the Bronx. Instead of "historic western boutique", this room looked like "early garage sale". It was depressing. I've stayed in worse places, but never intentionally. This room makes "Super 8" look like the Ritz Carlton. Obviously, I was "less than impressed". I wouldn't stay there again.

Purportedly, the "Grand Hotel's" restaurant is supposed to be highly rated and popular, but given my experience with the quality of hotel accommodations, I chose to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Grand Hotel is the place to stay in Big Timber. We were in room 9 which had it's own bathroom and den area. Very comfortable! Even if we had to have stayed in a room with a shared lavetory, the set up would have been fine. This is a great hotel, and you definitely need to eat dinner at the restaurant. The complimentary breakfast was the best on our trip. It's rumored that the hotel is haunted, but we did not see any spirits during our stay. If we are back in the area, this is definitely where we will stay.

Room Tip: Get a full description of the room so you'll know about the bathroom and shower set up.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!