“Nice surprise sammich!”
Review of Big Timber Bakery

Big Timber Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Big Timber
Reviewed September 29, 2017

Just needed a late lunch while roadtripping and sidled into Big Timber to try a locals eatery. The "downtown" looked a bit seedy and sparse but I spotted the Big Timber Bakery and gave it a shot. The Pastrami Melt (yeah, I know, pastrami in Montana?) was outstanding. Heaping mound of good quality pastrami with gooey, melty cheese and a wonderful sauce that was scrumptious indeed. Although I was full, I decided I'd better take a primo looking cinnamon roll to go. Almost forgot I had it in the car until next morning when I used my motel microwave to bring it back to full glory.....WOW! Despite being 1/2 day old, the freshness and flavor were stunning! Now that's a Cinnamon Roll to be proud of.....nice job, Big Timber - if i'm ever anywhere nearby again, I will make a special trip to your fine bakery!

1  Thank jimichongaJC

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Good place for lunch and take out. Bakery items are out of this world! You will for sure want to take some donuts home with you! They have a pizza over and make a really good pizza and hot sandwiches. They have ice cream counter too with all kinds of goodies. Clean and friendly and spacious. Great for big group of kids.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for lunch in Big Timber. Only a little more than one mile off I-90 and so worth it. Sandwiches were excellent and served on fresh bread made at the bakery. I had the Montana Melt and my husband had the smothered roast beef sandwich (? - not positive about that name). Both were excellent. So good and so worth driving off the interstate and into the town for. Big Timber is a friendly town with several nice shops, 2 lovely art galleries and a historic hotel. We enjoyed our stop there very much.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

The Big Timber Bakery is located on Main Street and I stopped by for a pastry or something good to pick me up after a long trip. I was not disappointed! They have the most amazing, tender, not-to-sweet cinnamon rolls. I also sampled the cake sour cream donuts and they were the very best I've EVER had! I don't like cake donuts but these will change your mind! Oh, and the Montana Melt! The Montana Melt was layers of juicy chicken, bacon, carmelized onions with cheddar cheese melted over it all and jalepeno cheddar cheese bread holding it all together. It is juicy and I don't think you will be disappointed! The Bakery is clean and the service is amazing- timely and the waiters are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is relaxing and a must stop! I will be coming back here every time I visit Big Timber!

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

After doing a bit of shopping, we met our husbands at the Big Timber Bakery!! The cinnamon rolls are to die for. There were many other tempting items, but we zeroed in on those warm cinnamon rolls. Go, indulge yourself!! You won't be sorry you did!!!