Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nikki M
Wisconsin

Great views and convience to shops

Review of Huntley Lodge
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 21, 2017
Hotel hasn't been updated much but is very clean so has a vintage feel. Great views of the mountain from the heated pools and hot tubs. Free gym. Breakfast was not included but options to buy in hotel and coffee shop. Free parking w/ stay. Staff was friendly and helpful!
Microwaves not in room but by vending machines. Standard room included mini fried and coffee maker. Rooms had a fan and humidifier. Free Wi-Fi.
Date of stay: February 2017
Room Tip: Ask to face the mountain or a room on the second level even has a pretty good view if on the...
Trip type: Traveled with friends
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at Huntley Lodge, responded to this review
Responded Feb 22, 2017
Hello @Nikki A,
Thanks for taking the time to review the Huntley Lodge. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to have you back again soon! -Katie, Big Sky Resort
No prepayment needed
  • Vio.com
7.4 miles from Huntley Lodge
    29.9 miles from Huntley Lodge
    View more hotels in Big Sky
    All reviews health club ski club concierge desk breakfast buffet housekeeping staff ski valet ski week s mores sitting area big sky resort pool and hot tub fitness center great trip beds were comfortable mountain village huntley slopes
    Selected filters
    Reviewed February 3, 2017

For skiing, the hotel location is great. You walk out the door to a slow chair lift, or walk about three minutes to the ski area base. In addition, the breakfast buffet that comes with the room provides a large breakfast for a full ski day.

Other than breakfast and location, however, not much recommends this hotel. We stayed during the break between Christmas and New Year. We had a standard room with two beds. The room fit little other than the beds -- no place to store all of our ski stuff for three people other than the floor or small table top. The bathroom is old and dated. The shower/tub squealed loudly when in use. The third person to shower (unfortunately me) on one day had little hot water. The carpet between one of the beds and the wall was soaked and squishy during our entire stay. I suppose we could have complained about the obvious water problem, but there did not seem a point. Housekeeping could not possibly have missed the problem, as the carpet was boggy, yet the hotel put people in the room. Who puts guests in a room with a boggy carpet for several hundred dollars a night??? Finally, the walls are paper thin. We heard everything happening in the hall, outside and in the room next to ours. Noise does not bother us too much, and they place ear plugs on the night stands. But, if you are a noise adverse person, this is definitely not the hotel for you!

In any event, we stayed because all we needed was a place to sleep after skiing. My sister has a house nearby which was full for the holidays, so we really did just need a place to sleep (we spent our downtime at the house). For a place to sleep, the beds were adequate and the room clean enough. But, for any purpose other than proximity to ski slopes, I could not recommend the place.

Oh, and the bell service . . . I arrived late and needed to drive down the mountain to pick up my husband from the airport. I asked the bell person if I could leave my skis and bag and wait to schlep everything to our room until after I had retrieved my husband from the airport. I told the bell person that I would not get back until after midnight. I asked both the bell person and the person at the front desk two separate times if I would be able to retrieve my bag after midnight when I returned. They both assured me that it was a 24/7 operation and I could get my bag no matter when I returned. So, I left my bag and skis and picked-up my husband. When we got back to the hotel, no luck finding my bags. Everyone had changed shifts, and no one knew how to find my bag. The front desk guy said it was not his problem because there had been a shift change and asked me incredulously whether I wanted him to call and wake up the manager from the prior shift to find my bag! Egad. Well, it finally turned out that the prior folks had labeled and put my bags in a place where the next shift could find them. I got the bag, but it was a 45 minute ordeal.

Date of stay: December 2016
    1  Thank 491BarbaraM
    BSRCentralReserv, Manager at Huntley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Hello Barbara M,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Huntley Lodge. We strive for excellent service, and after reviewing your comments, it appears we didn't reach our goal. I would like to speak with you further on your experience, feel free to reach out to me at katie.grice@bigskyresort.com. Thank you again, we can only improve with feedback like yours -Katie, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed January 18, 2017

I spent 5 nights in this hotel a few days ago, accompanying my girlfriend who attended a conference hosted in the same venue. I had read the reviews before we booked so we asked for a room on the top floor to minimise the noise levels. The walls are indeed quite thin and you can hear the steps of other guests in the rooms next to you, due to the wooden construction. The water pipes are also quite loud. These are the downsides. However, our room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I liked the atmosphere of the hotel, it fits into the surroundings very well. There is a coffee machine in the room with coffee and tea supplies which are filled up every day. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return again.

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter
    • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    BSRCentralReserv, General Manager at Huntley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Hello @Giggsybudapest
    Thank you for take the time to review the Huntley. We are excited to announce that the property is scheduled for a remodel in the upcoming year. Thanks again, we look forward to your return! -Katie

Reviewed January 12, 2017

The Big Sky Resort - Huntley Lodge was very nice. The resort and lodge are old and somewhat dated however the rooms were clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Although the lodge could use an update, the location and access from your room directly to the ski lift is terrific. We stayed in December (before Xmas) so the season was just getting started and all the resort staff were new and in training so information was sometimes spotty but the friendliness and willingness of everyone to ensure all our needs were met was great.

Date of stay: December 2016
    • Trip type: Traveled with family
    BSRCentralReserv, Manager at Huntley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

Hello @bundgardsusan
    Thank you for taking the time to review the Huntley Lodge! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Huntley Lodge has a remodel planed in the upcoming year. We look forward to having you back. -Katie

Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

A beautiful western styled ski hotel with good facilities for a conference. My wife was at a keystone conference, while I enjoyed big ski skiing. Nice multiple areas for sitting next to burning fireplaces. Two free movies every evening at the hotel movie theater. Big room, nice kitchenette with fridge and coffeemaker and sink. A microwave would be nice (they exist down the hall next to the vending machines. Ski equipment rentals a three minute walk away, and the lifts are two minutes from the equipment (with a free ski valet to store your skis at the base of the slopes - for guests).
    Clean room, great heating, plenty of hot water) and outstanding room cleaning services. Great wifi for free.
    This is a great place ( my wife didn't like the colors of the rugs).

Date of stay: January 2017
    Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    1  Thank DrRobertRehovot
    BSRCentralReserv, Manager at Huntley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Hello Robert!
    Thanks for the fantastic review. We hope to see you both back very soon! -Katie

Reviewed January 7, 2017

This was my first time to stay in this particular hotel at Big Sky and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed staying here. I have heard that the rooms can be noisy, so we requested a room on the third floor, and thankfully did not have a problem with noise. The walls were a little thin, but not enough that we were bothered by it at all. The breakfast buffet was my favorite part of staying in the Huntley; they had a wide variety of delicious foods (my favorite was the waffle bar) and windows all around the room giving us a gorgeous view of Lone Peak each morning (except when it was too cloudy). The staff was very friendly and very helpful anytime we needed something. The only thing that I did not enjoy about the rooms was that they do not have microwaves in them, but there was a microwave in the hallway for guests to share, so that was not a major issue. The main floor has a great lobby area to hang out in. The hot tub is very nice, but you do have to walk outside to get to it which is kind of cold. The location of the hotel is good; the walk to the lifts is very, very short. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms were kept very clean.

1  Thank sara_m_0630
    BSRCentralReserv, Manager at Huntley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Hello Sara!
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return. -Katie