“Nice place at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Huntley Lodge

Huntley Lodge
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Big Sky
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice place at a good price”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I were a little bit skeptical of the Huntley Lodge after reading some reviews, but decided it would be at least at the level of the place we stayed in West Yellowstone the previous night. As we headed onto the Big Sky resort property, we figured we'd done well with our blind booking (we booked via Hotwire).

We've had good and not great service experiences with using Hotwire. This was a good experience. The hotels are always at a certain level, but sometimes the staff seems to take a Hotwire booking personally. The desk staff at Huntley Lodge didn't care that we booked via Hotwire, they were helpful and courteous. Our room was nice (sometimes Hotwire and Priceline customers wind up in the least desirable rooms) and wasn't in a noisy location. We even learned that our room rate came with a complimentary breakfast for each of us in the restaurant.

The breakfast was a full-service menu, not a buffet. It wasn't the best meal we've had in our lives, but it was decent and better than the oatmeal we were going to eat in our room. Summer in Big Sky is not a busy time, so we had a really attentive server and were the only patrons in the restaurant for most of our meal.

Overall, it was a nice stay. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and everyone was nice. If we're in the area again, we'll go back to Huntley. Other reviewers mentioned noise levels - I can see how the busy ski season would be noisy. Since we were there at the end of the summer, things were very quiet.

Room Tip: Using Hotwire or Priceline will probably get you a double queen room instead of a single king, etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I had Fall meetings at the Big Sky Resort.
The location is beautiful. The front entrance was not easy for me to find; especially following the signs to the lodge parking area. The parking is a gravel lot down hill from the (still unseen) lodge. So I drive through and up to the entrance where I am quickly greeted by doormen. Check-in is swift and my reservation and room type are correct.
The room is of generous size but on the plain side. The bathroom shows a recent attempt at refubishing with ill fitting slate tile surround in a tub that feels as if it has had a recent liner and a shower head at a height of only 5 feet.
Beds are reasonably comfortable but the floors squeak badly. I was on the upper floor and I can't imagine what that creaking must have sounded like in the room below. You can hear people talking as they pass in the corridor outside the room and there is NO air conditioning.
The rest of the hotel is a little dark with the exception of the new conference center which is nice and bright.
If you're here in winter for the skiing it is conveniently located next to the slopes and AC will not be needed.
Any other time of year I can't see much value in staying here again

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank TheOtherChris
BOISE
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Very pretty up here and quiet in the summer but lots to do if you like outdoors and adventure. Front desk and housekeeping are very helpful. Room was clean and pool and hot tubs are very nice. I was able to bring my dog and room was in a pet friendly location. The area, itself is high end (pricey) but the Huntly was one of the more reasonable options. Also, Huntly is rich in history dating ack to the early days of the resort. I worked here in the 1980's and it was fun to return. I will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Columbia Falls, Montana
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here at the Huntley. Nice place to stay:) We ask for a late checkout because we were there for a XC race and they gave us until 4 pm! The food was really good at whiskey jacks. Lots of options at the grocery store.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We only had one day in Big Sky and stayed at the Huntley Lodge. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make sure your stay was comfortable. The location is also great - right on the mountain and only a short drive down to the meadow, which offers more restaurants. My husband and I are hoping to get back for ski season and if we do, we'll be booking our stay at the Huntley Lodge.

• Stayed August 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a fan in our room and that was it. We moved it by the window since the low for the night was supposed to be in the 50's, but we were still hot. Other than that the hotel was lovely. The floors creaked significantly. We did eat in the bar at the hotel and had a wonderful meal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 46749
Dresher, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was accompanying a friend on a business trip to Big Sky. We stayed at the Huntley Lodge for three nights. The hotel lobby was nicely appointed and the room was large and comfortable.
My bed was really comfortable and I slept great each evening. The pool areas were clean and well situated. The only complaint I had was that the walls were thin and we heard noises from the adjoining room. Also the hair dryer was burned out but that happened on our last day so it was not a problem.
I treated myself to a trip to the a solace spa for a massage which was wonderful... I highly recommend the splurge if you can swing it. All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends