“Inexpensive and basic, fit our needs just fine” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Whitewater Inn

You added Whitewater Inn to your Saves list
Whitewater Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47214 Gallatin Rd, Big Sky, MT 59716 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Big Sky
Federalsburg, Maryland
“Inexpensive and basic, fit our needs just fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here a couple of years ago (August 2010) while I was taking my niece to visit Yellowstone. It's a hotel room, much like any other, nothing spectacular, but comfortable enough. Our room had a view of the parking lot, but at least I could keep an eye on our rental car and there was a side entrance that was more convenient than using the main entrance at times. The staff was friendly. We stayed during the summer hours, which is off-season for this snow sport based resort town, so our rates were pretty cheap (through Hot Wire). It is about an hour from the entrance to Yellowstone Park, so be prepared for that, but it is a beautiful drive at least! At the time I was there, I found the selection in the Continental breakfast to be sadly lacking. There were some muffins, but lacking in flavor and seemed purchased in bulk from a box store or something. But if you're reallly there to see the park like I was, these are but small details. I'm sort of a traveler of low standards. I prefer to save money on the room (as long as it's clean with a bed and hot water, I'm happy) and spend my money doing things instead. So, as I said, it met our needs just fine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Rachel S

Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great hotel! We had a 3 queen room and loved it! Very large with lots of room to move around. The room had 2 air conditioners which was a good thing because the public areas of the hotel were quite warm. Great western decor, comfortable lobby and rooms. Kids loved the pool and slide. The housekeeping leaves a bit to be desired. Upon returning to our room after our first night, we had to ask for towels as housekeeping did not do our room. They did the next day. If you're in the area to visit Yellowstone, I'd think twice. While it's less than 50 miles to the west entrance of the park, it's a long drive, especially at night. We would stay here again if there weren't closer options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy N
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We were not able to get a reservation closer to or in Yellowstone, so we chose this hotel because it was on the way and said it had a pool with a tall waterslide. The hotel wasn't anything spectacular on the outside or it's surroundings, but the hotel was clean and the rooms were nice on the inside. The staff was nice and friendly and gave us a place that we could call to have pizza delivered to us (and plates, napkins, and forks), since there wasn't an on site restaurant or one walking distance or too close
by us.
What we really enjoyed was the pool, hot tub, and TALL, smooth water slide! It wasn't the generic 3-5 foot pool with hot tub and no slide like most chain hotels in which we stay.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank JillybeaninMO
Bozeman, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Well if you like camping indoors i would recommend this place for you. Our room got the half [--] clean job. I stepped in weed on the floor, we found a bracelet and a sock on the floor and the shower still had hair in it. The only bright side is the pool and there is a free bus up to big sky. I would say that it is worth it to spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sam42190

Travelers are raving about these Big Sky hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This was our second stay there and it was great. Grandson loved the slide and pool. The water could have been a little bit warmer. Room was clean and there was enough variety for the breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RiverRose16
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Checking in at the hotel was a nightmare. They couldn't find the reservation. They said they didn't have reservations, even after confirming the reservation personally. After calling the service I booked the room through, a miracle, they had a room. The girl at the counter was terrible.

• Stayed August 2011
7 Thank Murphyb301069
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The sheets had not been changed when we checked in. Unfortunately, it was late and I wasn't sure at first, so we slept on dirty sheets. We asked them to change the sheets the next morning, but they still didn't change the sheets! I could still see the same spots and hairs as before... I had to get one of the desk staff to come to my room the next night to change them.

Then, to top it off, we checked out one day early and they still charged me for the extra day. Even after all the trouble and unsanitary conditions. Unbelievable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple