“One the friendly people I know”
Review of Buck's T-4 Lodge

Buck's T-4 Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Big Sky
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have to say it's ones the most friendly places where I have stayed. The staff was made feel as if I was home. Even the hotel manger directed on how to get to big sky resort and told me where were great places to eat. The best part was the HOT heated pool! with bubbles lol The room was super, it has flat tv and actual channels not, like other hotels were you to pay for the channels you want. The breakfast was different each day the quaily of food was just like the restaurant perfect. Out of all the hotels over the years I have stayed this is by far one of best.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Cpinzon

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The food at this place is out of this world! Very nice pools and hot tubs, nice rooms and a rustic but classy ambiance. Everything abou this hotel is casual, classy Montana.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gina19
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Clean,quiet, and comfortable. One of the most user friendly places you will ever stay. And the food at the restaurant is first rate. I highly recommend this place to everyone and will stay there many more times.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenny g
Reviewed January 8, 2012

After renting a car and driving in from Bozeman's airport (a scenic 45 minutes away) I arrived at Buck's and at first didn't know what to expect. As I walked in through the lobby I was immediately greeted by the manager and given keys to our room. The manager was really friendly and always seemed to be around to offer some good advice or help me with whatever our group needed during our stay. At her recommendation, I talked to one of the lodge's employees, Tim, who blew me away with his knowledge and advice on what runs to take around Lone Mountain (Big Sky & Moonlight Basin). Once I told him my ability level, he was spot on with telling me where I should go and I was very impressed and glad that I had the chance to be offered such expert advice from an employee of the lodge. I also found out from him that there is a completely free shuttle bus that travels from Buck's (and a few other nearby places) to the mountain (about 20 minutes) almost every hour and before and after the mountain closes to make the most out of your stay. Some people have mentioned that there are no towels for the hot tubs/pools whatever you want to call them, but all you need to do is go to the lobby and ask for some and they will be more then happy to give them out. As for the food, yes like most everyone has said it is fantastic and so is the service and it isn't too cheap but totally worth it. The local meat choices (Bison, Elk, etc.) were awesome and very flavorful. The wine selection blew me away when I saw it, you could get a wine that cost anywhere from a couple of dollars up to to $1500!! A wine drinkers heaven I would say. But don't let these numbers scare you, there are less expensive options that are just as delicious, for example the [regular beef] burgers which were some of the best I have ever eaten and were under $10. Breakfast buffet was also the best I had ever eaten. Simply put, I can't wait to go back and am not surprised currently rated #1. know I will have a blast at this place for years to come...

Room Tip: The Suite is the way to go for a group of 4, but all of the rooms have good amenities.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MikeB454_12
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while on a road trip. The rooms are clean and massive, but a little dated in decor choice. The hotel and bar were great. Good food and service. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We chose Buck's T-4 based on on-line reviews and, boy, did we hit a homerun. We checked in at 8:50pm, hungry after a long drive, and the manager called their restaurant to ensure that we would be served despite their 9pm closing time. What a delicious meal and an excellent wine list. The restaurant is 4-star and well worth the price. And never once did we feel that the wait staff or chef did less than their best despite our late arrival. The check-in mgr recommended adjacent (across the hall) rooms vs a suite and it was a perfect suggestion. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are immaculate, and - my main concern - they accept dogs. (There's a wonderful, large area to let your dogs run safely.) Breakfast was good and the staff was accommodating and unassuming. The ski area is just minutes away; the hotel has a hot tub that's perfect after a long day of skiing. Frankly, all the guests are friendly because it's a happy place to be. We'll definitely make Buck's T-4 our 'place to stay' in Big Sky.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ella_Wus
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Clean, comfortable room, friendly staff, wonderful on-site restaurant. I especially enjoyed soaking in the hot pools outdoors as the snow fell! The hotel is a few miles past the turn off that winds about 10 miles up to the ski hill. It's on the bus routes to the resort, skiing, and to Bozeman. We could have stayed at the Huntley Lodge for about the same price (due to daughter's employee discount) but chose Buck's based on better reviews in Tripadvisor. Tip: The hot pools outside have changing areas and restrooms but no towels or showers. You may want to bring a beach towel to cover up and stay warm going to and from the pools.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family