Our family of four (2 adults and kids aged 12 and 14) spent a week at Bandit Hideaway in February 2015. The cabin is located on the Moonlight side of Big Sky (in the Cowboy Heaven cabin area) with very good ski in/ski out access to the Powder River ski trail with room to park a car just next door. In the morning you ski down to the Iron Horse Quad to get out on the mountain. At the end of the day you can ski home as long as you get to either the Iron Horse Quad or the Six Shooter lift by closing time. The cabin was cozy for the four of us with a queen in one bedroom and a bunk bed in the other. With our bags and ski gear it was a bit crowded for the four of us. The kitchen was adequate (we cooked several meals) and the living area was comfortable. The main living area is heated only by the gas stove so it was a bit difficult to maintain a good temperature but we managed. This cabin is the 2nd one in from the ski trail so that was the best part and you can leave your skis on the covered deck. They even cleaned the snow off the deck each morning which was nice. The absolute best part of this cabin was the private hot tub – nothing like coming back from a day of skiing and being able to enjoy your own hot tub on the deck with nice views of the mountains. Aside from skiing, we enjoyed a great day trip down to Yellowstone (on Yellowstone Alpen Guides) which we would highly recommend.
Here are our pros and cons (just to be honest):
• Location – can’t beat the ski in/ski out access. Nice peaceful spot with great views.
• Hot tub – what more can you ask for?
• Full kitchen – saved a lot of money by making our own meals
• Wii – kids enjoyed the wii in the living room
• Washer/Dryer (except you can’t use it at night since it is in the bedroom)
• Keyless entry - access via key code so no keys to carry or lose
• Could have been cleaner – under the beds was dirtier than I would have expected and one of the showers definitely needed some scrubbing. Found some trash from previous renter in drawers.
• Queen bedroom sure could have used more storage room – hard to live out of suitcases in such a tight spot.
• Cabin temperature was hard to control – ceiling fans would have been a big help.
• Toilets – constantly had to unclog them. Probably low flow ones but having to constantly plunge a toilet is just not that enjoyable.
But I would most definitely stay here again. We were very happy with our choice.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Families with young children|