Tripadvisor
Big Sky
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good atmosphere but mixed on the food”
Review of Carabiner Lounge

Carabiner Lounge
Reserve a Table
Mon, 2/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Big Sky
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy spectacular views of Lone Peak from the deck or savor the Euro-Western atmosphere of the Resort's 4-star hotel from inside this beautiful bar and restaurant. Come warm yourself by the fireplace and enjoy live apres ski music(when available)in our relaxed and intimate venue. The Carabiner Lounge is located on the terrace level of the Summit Hotel. Enjoy sushi nightly from 4pm-10pm. Check out our new whiskey menu with 50 whiskeys.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Big windows let you look out onto the ski mountain while sitting back in plush leather chairs and fireplace couches. Staff is super friendly and attentive. Tuna nacho appetizer was super flavorful and I could have eaten 2 plates of that. Had the Ahi Tuna Rice Bowl and was disappointed that it was a cold dish and the rice was al dente, undercooked at least 4-5 minutes. The tuna was previously frozen and was not seared in a hot skillet, just had a poached wet cook to it. Needed much more flavor and spice. Didn't have any dessert but two tables complained the chocolate cake was very dry and not enough ice cream served with it.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (146)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

We stopped in here for lunch while skiing. We sat on a comfortable couch in front of a great fireplace. We had a pleasant waiter who brought us our very tasty food. We had coffee and hot cocoa with refills. The pulled pork Korean style sandwich was very good as was the potstickers. We ate at the vista hall the day before and it was noisy overcrowded with uncomfortable chairs and it was even hard to walk between the tables. The lines were twenty people deep with an unmanned cash register just sitting unused. The Carabiner was like heaven after that. One would think this civilized was to eat would be more expensive but the meals were on average only one dollar more than their counterparts at the Vista Hall. The coffee was $2.00 cheaper! I will definitely return here next trip to bigbsky

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 27, 2019

Ate here with my family of 5. Kids are 11, 14 and 16. Waiter was super friendly. Hot chocolate was amazing! The had a kids menu for my son. The sushi was great and so was the Asian salad. Would definitely recommend if you don’t want to go down the mountain to eat.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2019

On a solo ski trip, I popped in to find one bartender in Big Sky who knew how to make a Sazurac. Zack did not disappoint and took excellent care of me the rest of the night! I selected a sushi dish that was wonderful and the serving on the slate plate was a nice touch. For and upscale place, I found the options affordable and while I am probably misspelling the name
Of the drink! It was the best I have had! Fun atmosphere but quiet enough that you can carry on nice conversations.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019

I stayed at The Summit last week and had a working breakfast in the corner table of Carabiner's every morning. The food was excellent and fresh. The service was friendly. And, the manager, Richard, was outstanding. He made an effort to remember the names of his customers and have a conversation with each of them; he engaged his young customers personally (bringing them over-the-top hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles...perhaps to the eye roll of a parent or two...but all in good fun); he was courteous and encouraging to his staff. It is wonderful to see someone take such ownership and pride in what he does.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Carabiner Lounge? Share your experiences!