“You have to eat here”

Buck's T-4 Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Big Sky
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Take your car, take a shuttle, hitchhike- you have to eat at this restaurant. The food is so good and the atmosphere is great.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The tension of the day wound away with the house Old Fashioned. The bartenders efficiently tag-teamed the flood of arms reaching through the diners seated at the bar and satisfied the hordes by keeping the liquor pouring at a constant rate. Within moments of placing my order, food starts appearing before me.
The red deer... Oh, my. Melts in your mouth. Truffle risotto! Port. Wine. Butter. Sauce.... My heart could stop beating for a moment with the shock of how perfectly the tastes blend together. I also ordered the cedar plank vegetables, lightly smoked goodness that was a wide variety of fresh garden veggies just the right balance of still crunchy and tenderly cooked. Actually, everything: the deer, the risotto, the vegetables- everything was cooked absolutely perfectly.
It was so amazing that the next night I ordered the trout to take back to my room. Even traveling, it was everything I had hoped it would be. Flaky and light, buttery and delicious. If you go to Big Sky, eat here. In fact, you will probably eat here more than once, because it's just that good.

2  Thank mlejp
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food was amazing as well as the service! Bar service awesome as well! We found this to be our favorite place to go!

1  Thank melissa s
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was just at Buck's for two nights attending a statewide culinary competition. Buck's hosted it and did a fabulous job making sure all the details were covered. Meanwhile, my room and bathroom were excellent: comfortable king size bed, tastefully decorated room, granite counter and amazing jacuzzi tub with separate shower. Our meal at Buck's was enjoyed by all; the walleye and venison were perfectly prepared. I typically don't like venison, but this was farm raised, very tender with no gamey taste. Great wine list too. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We are still talking about the SC (skillet cookie). Great meal at Bucks, we enjoyed two salads, bison tenderloin and the duck. It was all delicious. Service was okay, the waitress seemed to be more helpful to other parties (perhaps b/c I was sharing and we look young?) but in the end she was fine. The food is great though and worth a trip.

Been to Buck's T-4 Restaurant? Share your experiences!