Powder Ridge Cabins
The Lodge at Big Sky(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
$159
Buck's T-4 Lodge(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotels.com
Hotelpower.com
Huntley Lodge(Big Sky)
All reviewsski gearhot tubmanitourosebudprskiingyardsskyunitskiers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2007

We stayed in a three bedroom Powder Ridge Cabin (#1) during August, 2007 for one week. While we immensely loved the area and all the natural beauty it has to offer, there were definately some areas of improvement in terms of the resort.

The cabin itself was spacious and had a well stocked kitchen. It was nicely decorated and clean. There were clear directions on how to use the various electronics throughout the cabin. It was a good size for our 5 person family, and would accomodate up to 8 people. It had a hot tub outside, but the location of the hot tub was absolutely horrible. It was right next to the driveway and we had a clear view of all the street traffic at the nearby intersection. So everyone driving by also had a clear view of us. No privacy would be an understatement. I loved the view of the mountains, but I also saw huge gravel areas that looked like they were planned to be developed at some point. It was ugly to look at. My kids pointed out there were two abandoned pick up trucks in this area, but with windows open and absolutely overflowing with garbage. It wouldn't take much to tidy up these areas.

The cabins are a hike from the main lodge, shopping, and restaurants. It was too far for us to walk, so we had to drive down. Let me say that whoever designed the parking lot must have been on drugs. There was NO WHERE to park legally. I can't imagine what goes on during ski season.

There was a note in our cabin saying the cleaning service would be there every other day. They did show up and took away the garbage and refreshed the towels. I didn't notice if they changed the sheets are not. There was no other cleaning done.

We ate a number of meals at the restaurants in the main lodge. I found the food to be very average. I would highly recommend stocking up at a regular full service grocery store before coming. The resort has a small store but the prices are very expensive, which is typical for this type of service. Please keep in mind, there are no large grocery stores nearby Big Sky.

Even with the average accomodations, I did love the beauty of the area and the many outdoor activiites available. Big Sky Resort has the potential to be something great, rather than something average. I would love to see them suceed someday.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Boca2007
Reviewed October 1, 2006

rented a 3 bedroom cabin ( #4) and had a great stay. beautifully decorated and equiped with real wood burning fireplace (not the fake gas ones); very comfortable and convenient to hotel facilities--ie pool, dining, etc. We were there for a summer vacation but will go back for skiing this year.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Our entire family loved the skiing and activities in Powder Ridge. The crowds were minimal and the facility is top notch. We would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: December 2004