This review is for Powder Ridge Cabin 1 (VRBO #414775) and Cabin 7 (VRBO #104703).
I tried to publish this same review to VRBO.com and they were rejected, which leads me to believe that they know about the negatives regarding the ski-in/ski-out I will mention below and just don't want them posted. I am NOT a fan of that.
My family (along with 3 other families) rented Powder Ridge cabins 1 and 7 from 12/31 - 1/5. The cabins themselves really are fantastic. We had 2 families in each cabin (7 in one and 8 in the other). Not a lot of extra room with that many people, but it didn't feel crowded either. The cabin was well maintained and clean. The private hot tub was nice after a long day of skiing. The cabins are very close to the base area which was nice for going to get our ski gear and lift tickets.
The real "negatives" relate to the nature of the ski-in/ski-out. The ski-out is especially tough if you are a beginner. We had a lot of beginners in our group and we knew we would have to walk 50 yards or so to access the trail that took us down to the lift. But once even on that trail, there are some uphill sections that we found the easiest way to navigate was to take off our skis off and walk. Total, we probably still didn't have to walk more than 75-100 yards, so it wasn't bad. But just be prepared for it. The ski back in is beautiful as it winds through the trees. There are a couple of flat spots but you can generally get up enough speed to make it through most of those once you know where they are. However, there is a rather short, steep hill right before you get to the cabins. You can go around it but that requires walking. A lot of the beginners in our group took their skis off and slid down it while we were there, which worked fine.
Overall, it was a great trip and this is a really nice play to stay - just be aware that the ski-in/ski-out isn't perfect and I think you'll enjoy it more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These handcrafted cabins offer roomy floor plans, modern amenities, and old world charm. Located on the north end of the Mountain Village, you can access skiing via secluded trails and bridges. Enjoy cozy fireplaces, private outdoor hot tubs, and a kitchen all nested in the pines on the flanks of Lone Peak. The Powder Ridge Cabins are great for families and groups. Private vehicles required. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Powder Ridge Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powder Ridge Cabins Hotel Big Sky
- Powder Ridge Cabins Big Sky, Montana