“Great Mexican Food and Service”
Review of El Patron Cocina y Cantina - CLOSED

El Patron Cocina y Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 17, 2014

On a ski trip to Big Sky, Montana a couple of weeks ago with my brother and another friend we came across a great Mexican Restaurant in the village. We decided to give it a try as my brother lives in Mexico and was having withdrawl from Mexican food. It was beyond our expectations! The food was great, the service was impecable and the prices very reasonable including the wonderful wine we had with it. It was so good in fact, that we managed to return on another night and feast again. The three of us highly recommend it. My brother decreed it "highly authentic".

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The chili rellenos ala carte were the best but then the shrimp quesadillo was awesome too! Don't forget to try their signature margaritas made with jalapeno infused tequila. They have a new salsa that they serve with their chips that is especially great. Doing nightly specials & I tried the plantain leaf wrapped cod that was so tender & moist, it was wonderful.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I live in Mexico so was less than pleased and outvoted when one of our party of three suggested we go to El Patron. Let me just say that El Patron lives up to Mexican cooking standards, not gringo-ized or TexMex food. The owner and kitchen staff know what they are doing. We unanimously returned a week later. Some of what we enjoyed were: chili rellenos, enchiladas, carne asada, the daily chicken special, margaritas and wine. Our waiters were polite and efficient. Aaron, the owner came to our table on both visits to check on our satisfaction, where we were from, etc.; the second time to check on our satisfaction and thank us for returning to El Patron. There are other dining options in Big Sky and this is one of two we visited more than once in two weeks, a worthy restaurant deserving of our return visit.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had a great meal last night, opened with great chips and homemade salsa, margaritas then the best Mexican meal I've had since being beachside in Sayulita. Great location in Town Center.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The food was delicious and good size portions. The wait staff was awesome. My husband had the halibut tacos and devoured them. My brother ordered the chili verde and loved it. I had the chicken tostadas,,, delicious.