“Friendly staff, great advice and all your fly fishing needs”

East Slope Outdoors
Ranked #7 of 9 Tours in Big Sky
More attraction details
Owner description: For Big Sky ski rentals, Big Sky fly fishing, and outdoor gear we have the best gear and best guides for the best prices - since 1986. Full retail outdoor shop. Year-round fly fishing outfitter. Ski and snowboard rentals. Friendly, fun, enthusiastic, down-to-earth, knowledgeable staff. Your one stop shop for skiing, ski tuning, boot fitting, fly fishing, hiking, nature, outdoors, and exploring Southwest Montana, Greater Yellowstone, Big Sky, Bozeman, and more.Our mission is to provide our customers with high quality gear, local expertise, and friendly enthusiasm about the outdoors. We want you to leave our shop more knowledgeable, prepared, excited and happier than when you walked in.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Friendly staff, great advice and all your fly fishing needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Not only did they give me great advice but out of all the stores to choose from out there I felt the most comfortable buy ALL my gear from these guys! I bought waders, boots and a fly rod and reel... needless to say a boat load of flies! Their advice was also very helpful in my success in fishing in Montana! Will definitely go back when I'm out there again! Thanks guys!

Pittsburgh
“Great fly shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

They know their stuff and they are helpful and friendly. They actually remember you when you come in the store. And I like they don't talk down to you like they are trying to make you feel stupid or show off how much they know.

Snyder, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My son 13 and daughter 14 and I all went for our first fly fishing adventure. It was great! Adam did a great job helping all of us and we all caught at least one fish. We had a blast and I'm already having to use my "Montana Zen Moments" now that I'm back at work. I would definitely go with east slope again and wear their tshirt with pride!!

Visited August 2013
“East Slope is consistently the very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our family has used East Slope as our fly fishing outfitter for at least 15 years. Dave and his crew are an important part of our vacation experience in Big Sky. The guides in this store have been a significant factor in helping our two sons become the excellent flyfishermen they are today.

Our guided trip experiences have always been great. The guides tailor the trip to the experience of the client. This means if you have a less experienced guest, they can catch up quickly.

Float trips are well thought out with attention paid to river conditions.

East Slope people are enthusiastic about what they do and it shows.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fly fishing with Adam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went on a guide trip with Adam at East Slope. He took my 14 year old Daughter and one of her good friends for a half day wade trip. The trip was great fun and Adam was good with the girls helping them not only catch fish but with simple things that will help them in the future. They caught a bunch of fish and got to see a lot of cool places. I have use Adam for guide trips in the past and would use him again, great with kids and adults.

Visited July 2013

Been to East Slope Outdoors? Share your experiences!