“Lone Mountain Sleigh Ride/ Dinner”

Lone Mountain Ranch Sports Shop
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Big Sky
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Lone Mountain Ranch Outdoor Shop is open to the public and offers exceptional experiences to locals and visitors alike. During our Summer months, we offer horseback riding, guided fly fishing and Yellowstone Park adventures. Our Winter season includes over 85km of meticulously groomed Nordic ski trails, snowshoeing, classic sleigh ride dinners, backcountry tours into Yellowstone, snowcoach trips into the interior of Yellowstone, ski lessons and more!
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This experience was just average. We did enjoy the sleigh ride. The dinner, however, was only so - so. It was very difficult to eat the steaks since they did not have steak knives! The staff was friendly but I would not repeat this experience. It certainly was not a good value for the $ spent.

1  Thank ginnyBeamer
Bob F, General Manager at Lone Mountain Ranch Sports Shop, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I want to apologize to you for not giving you "value for your money." Our intent is just the opposite. We plan, we train, we purchase and our staff is compensated to give you an unmatched experience on our sleigh ride. We failed and we are sorry. We did have steak knives available at the cabin that night. Because of your review, We have changed our procedures in communicating with our customers. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have come here for years. The staff is always friendly, the trails well groomed and vistas are unsurpassed!

Bob F, General Manager at Lone Mountain Ranch Sports Shop, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

I always enjoy hearing from our returning guests. Your review tells me that over many years we have achieved a consistent high level of service and trail preparation in our cross-country ski program. Next time you ski the Ranch, please stop by the office and say hello.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We left on the sleigh ride from the Outdoor shop so our experience is only that we were there. But the gal at the counter was very nice and the sleigh ride was amazing.

The dinner at the cabin was wonderful. I love prime rib and I have got to say theirs was the best I've had.

I would recommend anyone and everyone to do the Dinner Sleigh ride! Well worth the money!

The cabin doesn't have electricity so it is all lanterns and candles. You sit at group tables and yes, there is a heated and lighted out house just out side, no running water but they provide wet towlettes and sanitizer.

You climb into a sleigh and take about a 20 minute ride up to the cabin. They provide wool blankets that will cover two or three people's legs so you want to be sure to dress warmly up top. At the cabin there are pegs to hang your coats on so it is not crowding the table area. It was a spectacular experience! There is a cowboy singer to entertain! We were just enchanted by the experience. Our son is 16 almost 17 and he really enjoyed it.

I highly recommend the sleigh ride dinner! Also, very good to make reservations as they need a min. total number to make it a go and when I called to ask about it, they were very helpful to let me know what nights were booked, what nights still had room and what night not to book (Mondays) because they just don't get a lot of people on that day.

2  Thank Debby B

Thank you Debby for your review. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed the experience. Your description of the sleigh was quite through. I would only add that some people like to come early and enjoy the entertainment and refreshments in our Saloon before the sleigh ride.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The staff were so friendly and helpful! Our bus broke down on the way to our sleigh ride and when calling the Lone ranch, they immediately offered to come pick us up! (They also offered to take us all the way back to our resort if the bus was not fixed by the end of our sleigh ride!) The horses were two large Belgian draft horses, the sleigh was a beautiful antique that creaked as it glided over the snowy fields, the guide was sweet and knowledgeable about the history of the ranch, and the stars were amazing! We stopped to enjoy a fire and a delicious chili with bison and elk in it, a kettle of freshly popped corn, and cheese and crackers! The bar was open - but since i was working, I did not have any alcohol, but we all enjoyed either hot chocolate topped with whipped cream or hot cider! Since the bus was almost ready to pick us up, we waited in the saloon next door which had a pool table, chess set, warm fires burning in the fireplace, comfortable chairs and a staff that were so friendly and welcoming even though I had 19 teenagers with me and we were not buying anything there! I highly recommend this experience - well maybe without the flat tire on the bus!

1  Thank deedonut
Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a terrific idea with a child! A sleigh ride up to a cabin for cookies hot chocolate or hot apple cider. A sleigh ride back to enjoy a hot lunch.
Lots of fun for the family!