“Great place to get a drink at the end of a long day in big sky country!”
Review of The First Place PUB - CLOSED

The First Place PUB
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Big Sky's Best ValueOver 50 Bottled BeersRevolving Menu ItemsDirectly Across From Golf Course and Community Park
“Great place to get a drink at the end of a long day in big sky country!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The first place is off the beaten path of Big Sky, not the typical tourist trap, which is a nice change from typical Big Sky and Yellowstone attractions, a true locals pub that is welcoming to all. We stopped by on our way from the park to Bozeman, the interior is a quaint pub atmosphere, somewhat dark but very cooling in the heat of summer. Staff was very friendly and interested in our adventures, and was really fun to talk to. Our food was amazing, I had the veal parmesan with a side salad, the veal was cooked perfect, not oily and very crispy coating, and portioned perfectly. I will definitely make this a destination on my trips from Bozeman.

“Fresh, Delicious, and Affordable!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have become a big fan of The First Place since their opening in January. The menu isn't huge, but it seems like every time I go, there is something new and exciting to try. I hope they bring the Samosas with the mint chutney back! I have heard the burger is great, but the ahi tuna tacos are sooo good, I always end up getting them for my entree. And it's really reasonably priced for Big Sky.

girdwood
“Great new option in Big Sky!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice atmosphere! Maybe a little small. Loved the food. Great prices. We'll definitely be going back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pub Grub”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This place was a great escape from our cabin. We were kindly greeted as we entered the cozy atmosphere (sometimes a rarity). We had excellent burgers on ciabatta buns and hand cut fries. There was also some optional fireside seating to give us a break from the unexpected Montana Juneuary.

gallatin gateway, mt
“The First Place is Great!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This little pub is awesome. The fish tacos are sooooo good!! Servers are super nice, cocktails are always served in pint glasses (as they should be), and the entire menu is really affordable. So very glad to have a new, great spot to eat and drink in Big Sky! I hear they are putting outdoor seating in during the offseason, which should be great as well!

• Visited March 2012