“Good food, beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jack Creek Grill - CLOSED

Jack Creek Grill
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lone Mountain Trail
Description: The Jack Creek Grille serves elegant dinners in a beautiful setting. The Jack Creek Grille is located in the Moonlight Lodge.
Montana
“Good food, beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had both dinner and lunch at the Jack Creek Grill on a recent stay at Moonlight Basin. We requested (when making the reservation) a table by the fireplace and got one. The fireplace is enormous and has a fire on each of the four sides; its real wood burning so you get the additional ambience that you don't get with a gas fireplace. The heat from the fireplace was welcome as the dining room has high ceilings. The menu wasn't large but nice; the wine menu is quite extensive. I had the halibut and my husband had a New York steak special; both were good. The waitress was very helpful in choosing a wine. The day we ate lunch we had a burger and chili; both were large portions, typical of a ski resort where everyone is starving when they come in. The burger came with the best twice fried parmesan french fries...to die for! You can't get breakfast at the resort (except bagels/breakfast sandwiches from the deli) but the rest of the food service is good.

Visited January 2013
BigSkyResort001, Public Relations Manager at Jack Creek Grill, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for visiting Jack Creek Grille and writing such a nice review. We appreciate your time and your business. We invite you to come and dine with us again next time you are in Big Sky country.

Big Sky, Montana
“Excellent dinner, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went to dinner last night at the Jack Creek Grill. Was very impressed! Emily, the bartender, is amazing! The bar is a great place for apres drinks, to chill, to cocktail before dinner, etc. Michael was our server for dinner and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. The meal was extremely tasty and was very well priced. Moonlight Basin is a tad out of the way, but well worth the drive. The atmosphere is very nice. I currently live in Big Sky and was VERY pleased at our decision to visit the Jack Creek Grill. Again, kudos to the staff. P.S. Order the tenderloin from Red Lodge and the butter wedge!

• Visited January 2013
Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed you meal with us. We love to hear from our guests and fans. Thank you for your kind words and rave review. We will be sure to share with our team.
Big Sky
“BEST ON-MOUNTAIN RESTAURANT IN BIG SKY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

After skiing in minus 10 degree weather, we wanted to sit by the huge fireplace in Jack Creek Grill and order something warm. As everyone has said, the scenery is just beautiful and the huge windows and high, wood beamed ceilings are exactly what you want a ski lodge to look like. This is our second time eating there and the food was excellent both times. My husband ordered (and I tasted) his bison burger. My reaction was, "OMG, that is soooo good". The fries that came with it were lightly draped in parmessan cheese -- divine. Even the bun must have been home made. I had the most wonderful soup -- chipolte sweet potato bisque. I asked for the recipe and the chef came to our table and told me how to make it -- so nice. I also ordered a small house salad and asked for chicken on it which was not on the menu. They made it for me for a very small fee. I even ordered a heated brandy in a snifter, and the waitress brought it to our table over a class of hot water to keep it warm. Everything was above and beyond and we will definitely go back. You have to try this place out.

• Visited January 2013
Best on-mountain restaurant in Big Sky... Thank you so much! Wonderful to hear that you and your husband enjoyed yourselves and your meals. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in Big Sky. Please come and see us again.
Chinteche, Malawi
“great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

my roommate worked up here last season so he talked me into eating up here and the food was fantastic. The location is great, he paid so I didnt think it was expensive as I would have if I had paid. LOL

Check it out, one of the best places to eat on the mountain.

• Visited March 2012
Thanks for checking us out and taking the time to share your review with us. Great to hear you enjoyed yourself! Please come and see us again some time.
Jeffersonville, Vermont
“Wonderful dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Gorgeous lodge, friendly casual but sophisticated atmosphere, small menu (that's a good thing) with great selections...the trout was wonderful. Really, can't complain about a thing. And in my opinion the quality was worth the price.

• Visited September 2012
Thank you for the rave review. We appreciate your time and business. Please come back and visit us again when you are in Big Sky country.