This hotel is in Big Sky, right at the base of the ski lifts...ski in, ski out. I was there in the fall, and the hotel and the resort were pretty empty, and no matter how hard people try to make these places into 4 season resorts, a ski resort in the fall is not the most attractive place in the world, particularly when not much is open, a lot of construction is going on as they get ready for the ski season, etc. That being said, the Summit is pretty nice. The hotel itself is very big, and not surprisingly, feels and looks a lot like a ski lodge. My room was very large...lots of room for ski equipment, etc. The staff was great...very friendly, very welcoming, and very helpful.I was there for business meetings, and the only meals I had (one group dinner and one breakfast on my own) were fine, but I suspect that when the hotel is full, it will be difficult to get into the restaurant.
The hotel worked well for our group, and if I were to come back for skiing, i would probably vote to stay here, if for no other reason than the proximity to the ski slopes...which look pretty interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Euro-Western Summit at Big Sky has been the vacation choice of both President Obama and Vice President Biden. The Summit is one of the finest slopeside properties in the Rockies with primary high-capacity lifts only 100 yards away. The Summit combines luxury appointments with a prime location in the heart of the Mountain Village Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Summit At Big Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Summit At Big Sky Hotel Big Sky
- Summit Hotel Big Sky
- Summit Big Sky
- Big Sky Summit
- The Summit At Big Sky Montana