The hotel is nice, the room was nice. We did save a lot of money staying here versus a place right by the ski lifts. The only drawbacks were that I am very impatient. When you can only ski from 9-4- you want to get up there asap. One morning we had to wait for the shuttle too long- it was full and went to Moonlight Basin and then back- and then it sits back at the hotel and waits for more people to get on (we had already 20 minutes and the driver knew- why not just run us up there?). We should have just walked up and stored our shoes and brought our boots. Then- we called to have the shuttle pick us up at 6, after eating, and they said the shuttle was done for the day. After you've skied for 6 hours you don't really want to walk back wearing ski boots and carrying skis- then to find the shuttle carting private groups around. It was annoying. In short, you want to save money and you are laid back- stay here...if you are high strung and have more money- stay closer to the lifts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from the Base Village area yet quiet and private, The Lodge at Big Sky is Big Sky's only independent lodging located slope side in Big Sky Montana. We are the best value on the mountain. Come visit us and see what sets us apart from the others:) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your The Lodge at Big Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Big Sky Hotel Big Sky
- Hotel Big Sky
- The Lodge At Big Sky Montana