This could be a great hotel -- but despite the fact that it is within walking distance of the slopes, it has no "ski vibe." When you approach the desk and ask about the weather or conditions, there is a weather report but the people there don't seem to know or care much about skiing. So there's no enthusiasm, which makes this ski resort hotel feel a lot less fun.No one offered us information about local things to do in the evening or such. So it is a really nice hotel, with no thrill of the slope feeling. I feel like it could have been in Indianapolis for all the ski feel it had.
Breakfast was very poor, with poor quality food. Even the yogurt offerings were limited to low-fat with additives kind of yogurt. The fruit equaled oranges and old apples. We finally went to the grocery and bought our own breakfast food.
However, the rest of the hotel was great, nice room, great hot tub, fabulous location. But I really missed the feel of a ski area here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from the Base Village area yet quiet and private, The Lodge at Big Sky is Big Sky's only independent lodging located slope side in Big Sky Montana. We are the best value on the mountain. Come visit us and see what sets us apart from the others:) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Big Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Big Sky Hotel Big Sky
- Hotel Big Sky
- The Lodge At Big Sky Montana