I found a good discount special for the Lodge on expedia.com and decided to book a room for a few nights as it was the cheapest accommodation available from which I could explore West Yellowstone and the surrounding area. We stayed here during the summer season, which I assume is off-season; this is probably one of the reasons why the room was so cheap. It was only about $20 more than budget accommodation for a very nice place. The lounge area was lovely and offered a great view of the mountain. The room itself was large with two Queen sized beds (one more bed than what I was after but I won't complain). Cleaning was done daily and the staff were helpful and informative when I asked about the area. The complementary breakfasts were also a cut above what I am used to (quite a bit more than just toast, cereal and coffee). The location is also excellent, very scenic. Although, it was a bit of a drive to Yellowstone, about an hour to the west gate, I did not find it too daunting. Overall, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from the Base Village area yet quiet and private, The Lodge at Big Sky is Big Sky's only independent lodging located slope side in Big Sky Montana. We are the best value on the mountain. Come visit us and see what sets us apart from the others:) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Lodge at Big Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Big Sky Hotel Big Sky
- Hotel Big Sky
- The Lodge At Big Sky Montana