“Still the best food in the Mountain Village”
Review of Cabin Bar & Grill

Cabin Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Big Sky
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the Warmth of Rustic Montana Elegance Summer hours: Dinner nightly 6:00-close Winter hours: Lunch 11:30-3:00, Apres 3:00-5:00 Dinner 5:30-10 Superb Cuisine Featuring Hand Cut Steaks, Wild Game, Fresh Seafood, Nightly Specials In the Winter season Ski In-Ski Out for Delicious Skier Lunches, House Ground Burgers, Hearty Sandwiches, Homemade Soups & Award Winning Chili Using Local and Regional Ingredients for a Unique Flair in Rocky Mountain Cuisine Full Bar and Extensive Wine List
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Went there last week with my wife and young kid. And I have been here before but adults only, now they have a very acceptable children menu, which helps when going to a fairly expensive restaurant. The location is central to the mountain village in Big Sky next door to the Summit hotel, and ski in and out if you come in winter . Place is nice, and the theme is game, like most of the menu, which also uses local products ( try the huckleberry ice cream , it is vey good). My elk tenderloin was excellent on a simple but fully favored mashed potatoes bed, with mushrooms, my wife had the special, outstanding walleye . And the chicken strips are really just made, not frozen so my 11 year old was happy.
Prices are expensive, $25 to $35 for entrees , but so is everything up in Big Sky, the service is wonderful, fast ad with a smile. Simple list of wines is enough for me, and the 4 local beers on tap are generally my choice.
You may need a reservation for dinner on weekends.

2  Thank GM20142014

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had a nightmare trip flying up to Montana, arrived 8 hours after our original arrival time. Then had to drive over an hour to get to our destination. When we arrived at the resort we were desperate just hoping some place would be open and we wouldn't need reservations. So we chose this place just because it was the first place we saw. I thought, "let me just be real and see what happens" so I walked up to the hostess/waitress/bartender and said, "we don't have reservations, we've had a horrible trip up here and we're starving, can you help us?" She said, "Sit down and relax right here! I'll get you a drink while you wait and we'll get you a table right away!" What a relief to have someone nice take care of you in a pinch. The smoked trout with pasta was like heaven on earth. We loved the food but we really loved the attitude of the staff here because you can have the best food but if the staff is rude, it's not that great. Here, they were over the top accommodating. Never rushed us, very calming after they knew we were exhausted. And, she gave us a 10% off coupon for the next time we ate there, which I really regret that we didn't. I will definitely eat here and I have to say that our waitress turned our night around for us. Great job!

1  Thank vveltman
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I understand that it's off season for the resort, but dining selections are very limited. Most places close before 9, so we were left with this option. Service was fine. The atmosphere was very outdated and uncomfortable. Food was below average. Over priced. Steaks mediocre. Would not recommend this place. The staff was very kind though.

2  Thank Chelsea B
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This place might fool you from the outside -- looks kinda rustic and simple -- but the food is great. They specialize in game, but there are lots of options. Service was fine, too. Expensive, but worth it. Also a stone's throw from the Summit hotel, so nice and handy to anywhere in the Big Sky Resort village.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came in for our anniversary and had a great meal. We started with champagne and the charcuterie plate, which seemed expensive, but once it came out we were blown away by how much there was and how good it was. I had the bison cowboy steak and she had the pheasant and waffles. I have to say I wish I had hers, because it was so good, but I was definitely happy with what I got. I would recommend the cabin to anyone going out for a special night.

Been to Cabin Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!