This is a beautiful location, the cross-country trail network is outstanding, and it provides easy access to the slopes at Big Sky. I've been staying and skiing here for years, and it has always been one of our family's favorite winter destinations. Under the new owners, however, prices have gone way up, to the point that it no longer represents a reasonable value. Prices have roughly doubled over the last couple of years, to the point that they now want over $900/night for a family of four, a price that is simply not commensurate to the quality of the rooms (worn out mattresses, cheap sheets, scratchy towels, etc.). On top of the per person costs, they also now charge for a number of services that used to be included - for example, airport pickups, staff tips, and discount lift tickets at Big Sky, which are now available only if you pay a $100 surcharge to the ranch. The food has always been good, and in past years the staff was outstanding and one of the best reasons to stay there, although I understand a number of the long-time staff have left or been forced out. It's too bad that management is taking things in this direction - as a result, Lone Mountain Ranch is no longer the laid-back and undiscovered gem that it once was. I doubt we will be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lone Mountain Ranch (LMR), situated on 148 acres in beautiful Big Sky, Montana, was first homesteaded in 1915 and has long been recognized as one of the premier guest ranch resorts in the country. The property consists of 30 rooms located within 24 unique cabins as well as a restaurant and saloon, pavilion, retail shop, equestrian facilities, and meeting spaces. Listed on the National Registry of the Historic Places, a member of the Dude Rancher's Association, an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World, and once voted the #1 Nordic ski area in North America, LMR offers authentic accommodations, genuine Montana cuisine, exceptional service, and a stunning array of outdoor activities. Combine these attributes with close proximity to Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky Resort, as well as Bozeman Airport, and we believe the LMR guest experience is unlike any other in the American West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lone Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Ranch Big Sky, Montana