Get ready to create your personal dream vacation. The five of us were blown away by the beauty of the LMR. Our Douglas Fir cabin was gorgeous and immaculate, with incredible views. We had avid horseback riders in the group, who were able to go on advance rides, and new comers who were learning. Everyone enjoyed their horses (loved Tiger and Socks), especially our 15 year old horse crazy daughter. Hikes with Denise were amazing - so much to learn and see. Breakfast and lunch buffet style suited everyone's taste - the salads and fruit were so fresh. Dinner was great - with some consistent menu choices and then 4-5 specials every night to try. Don't miss the desserts - especially the choc chip scones in the morning.
We had trouble fitting everything in - so give some thought in advance to what you want to do most. All 5 people caught a fish fly fishing, though most of us were novices. We saw moose, elk, bear, coyote - and the bird watching hike probably netted us 15-20 types. And leave time for some of the unusual activities at the ranch - the high ropes course is very challenging and fun, archery was great, Tiny taught us how to rope, and if you have a car, make sure you do the oezul (sp?) falls hike - it's well maintained and beautiful.
Finally - if you want to be spoiled by wonderful service and some great friendly people - this is the place. Every part of the ranch - from horseback riding, hiking, kids club, dining area - they are focused on making sure you have a great time. This is hospitality at its best. The maint. people even helped us when we got a flat tire. I can honestly say this exceeded my expectations - a trip that can be tailored to your passions in an amazing backdrop of mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lone Mountain Ranch (LMR), situated on 148 acres in beautiful Big Sky, Montana, was first homesteaded in 1915 and has long been recognized as one of the premier guest ranch resorts in the country. The property consists of 30 rooms located within 24 unique cabins as well as a restaurant and saloon, pavilion, retail shop, equestrian facilities, and meeting spaces. Listed on the National Registry of the Historic Places, a member of the Dude Rancher's Association, an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World, and once voted the #1 Nordic ski area in North America, LMR offers authentic accommodations, genuine Montana cuisine, exceptional service, and a stunning array of outdoor activities. Combine these attributes with close proximity to Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky Resort, as well as Bozeman Airport, and we believe the LMR guest experience is unlike any other in the American West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lone Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Ranch Big Sky, Montana