“Surprising Find!”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were staying just south of Big Sky during an early season Yellowstone trip. We struggled to find anything decent ot eat in the area, and finally decided on Lotus Pad on a whim. What a wonderful surprise!

The place is small (at least the downstairs area), but you get to see the chef/owner cook everything right from your table. Our waitress was new (first day) but made us feel more welcome and taken care of than anyone else who waited on us during our trip.

The food... Man! My favorite restaraunt of all time was a place called Five Spice in Vermont, and Lotus Pad brought me back there. We started with the Chicken Satay as an appetizer. So flavorful and chicken was juicy, not overdone at all. Then on the entrees. I went with the chicken pad thai, and my husband went with the five spice beef. Both were amazing. My husband hasn't eaten a lot of Thai food, and has really only been exposed to our local place (which is blander than bland), and he lit up! He said Thai was officially one of his new favorite cuisines after his first bite.

Thank you Lotus Pad for giving us our culinary highlight of our trip, and for making us feel welcome. It was almost like sitting in the kitchen watching a family member cook.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My first time to Lotus Pad was an excellent first experience. I don't think anything on their menu is bad. The lettuce wraps were so delicious I wanted to go back a second time but decided to try another place. Overall, this restaurant was very good and would recommend it to anyone even if you don't like thai food.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We've been to Big Sky numerous times, but never to the lotus pad due to picky-eating young kids. We decided to go this year and were very pleased. The food was excellent- even the "double-black diamond" hot was not too bad. The cocktails were great too. I'd give it a 5, but, honestly, the space is tiny and not well ventilated so get ready to smell like a hot grill. I'm sure this won't stop us from coming back

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Small place, but very friendly and well-run. The food was very good (cold beef salad, green curry with chicken, pad Thai with tofu), and did have some spice to it. A number of craft beers were available. Be sure to get reservations -- there aren't a lot of tables, and the place is justifiably popular. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Consistently great food. Having come here with groups 3 times now, and having shared most of our food, I feel qualified to say that there are no misses on this menu. There are many great surprises. The confines are cramped, but the service is good and the food is great. They also have a few really wonderful mixed drinks. Better than my telling you about specific menu items, is your discovering the many surprises for yourself. This is hands down, my favorite dining establishment in the area.