All reviews murphy bed big sky resort real bed huntley lodge small kitchenette trail map ski school ski resort chair lift green runs summer trip pool and hot tub conference center coffee machine fridge and microwave beautiful room mountain view
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Danielle and Whitney were awesome and I cannot thank them enough for their efforts in helping me find my lost skis during my stay. They worked her to get my skis back to me and kept me updated the entire time. I would definitely recommend staying at the village center. I would also highly recommend this place for the breakfast that was provided every morning, it was buffet style and had lots of options for you to chose from omelets, bagels, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, etc.

Date of stay: January 2020
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Sky Resort Village Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi @treyno13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Village Center! I will be sure to let Danielle and Whitney know that they made a difference during your stay.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

This is a nice place at the ski station. We have been going once a year for over ten years. Mostly studios, ideal for couples. This year two problems came up, the first serious and the second annoying:
1- Inconsistent pricing. In late August we got two different quotations from the web site and via email. We managed after some interaction to get the lower of the two. Then, a month after, some friends of ours got a price several hundred dollars lower. We complained, escalating things to upper management, and we were told that they 'manage' the prices, like airlines. But with airlines it is usually cheaper if you reserve earlier, while there it seems to be dedicated to punishing good clients: they know we come every year, we are going to come again, so they soak us. After some argument a manager told us on the phone that they would update our room to one on the second floor, more convenient to the slopes. No such update was given us, however, when we arrived, they claimed it was not on the system.
2- The property is supposed to be ski-in ski-out and charges accordingly. But this time the ski school had erected a blue plastic barrier that made it very difficult to ski out of the hotel and to the lifts: you had to climb out about the barrier. Complaints to the front desk led to a polite promise to take it up with the school. Nothing was done. Complaints to the ski instructors at the fence led toa polite promise to take it up with the higher ups... no results.

So, beware.

Date of stay: January 2020
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Sky Resort Village Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Hello @Oriol V,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Village Center. I am very sorry to see that there were some issues that were not ideal leading up to, and during your stay. I actually am one of the managers that you or your wife spoke to regarding the price discrepancy before your stay. As we spoke about on the phone, we cannot guarantee that booking at one time vs. another will ever be the absolute best prices. Our pricing is dynamic, meaning that it does fluctuate throughout time. As a loyal and returning guest, I am truly apologetic that you feel that you did not get the best rate for your stay. We of course are extremely thankful for guests such as yourself who come to stay with us year after year, and I hope that this incident will not dissuade you from coming again in the future.
I would also like to apologize for a miscommunication that I may have caused. I offered a complimentary upgrade to be slope-side on the phone, however, your wife suggested that the upgraded room type would not be preferred due to noise coming from the pool. I am sorry that I mistook that as suggesting that you did not want the upgrade after all, that it a mistake on my part.

I will be sure to pass along your concerns about the placement of some ski school organization with the correct managers in case there is a possibility that it can be moved.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

This hotel is wonderfully located, and every member of the staff is a gem. But we paid for what we thought was "ski in, ski out" convenience, but didn't get it. If you get a ground level room you can ski in to your place, but you cannot ski out. In order to get to the closest lift, you have to carry your gear at least 100 feet, up an embankment, and around a fence for a ski school area that I never saw used once during our 9 day stay. It is also important to know that runs are neither clearly marked nor sufficiently groomed at this resort. On more than one occasion I was skiing with my two children on what we thought was a green run, only to encounter a steep section covered in moguls. Also, we took a chairlift over to a part of the mountain where the entire section of green runs were closed off, though there was nothing on the trail map or posted by the chairlift to tell us that. This resort wants to compete with the biggies but still falls far short in many areas. The people and the free breakfast are the best things about this place. Will not be returning.

Room tip: Face the mountain
Date of stay: January 2020
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Sky Resort Village Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Hi @LynneAnn6,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Village Center. As you mentioned, the Village Center is wonderfully located right in the base area, and the ground floor units ("Ski Suites") are right on the snow. However, for the reason you mentioned, we do offer complimentary ski valet, where our valets will store your gear right at the base of the lift so that you do not have to carry it up hill. I apologize that this was not effectively communicated to you on your arrival. We value all of your feedback, and will pass on your comments about signage to the appropriate department.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Ski in ski out stay, quaint fireplace, kitchen good for an extended stay. heated pool and hottub, great place.

Danielle at the service desk for the village was really helpful and patient after a long Trip(connecting flights etc)

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank robcQ2819EL
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Sky Resort Village Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Hi @robcQ2819EL,

Thank you for leaving a review of the Village Center. We appreciate you recommending us to fellow travelers!

Reviewed August 12, 2019

After many conversations with the staff at “Basecamp” of the “Big Sky Resort”, my husband and I spent over $1000 to ensure our three little people had an unlimited day of fun. We bought the unlimited package for $669, that combined with $385 in pictures and $130 in “guide tips” was hopefully to ensure us a day of fun without grief.
Unfortunately, that was the case.
When our kids wanted to do the “mining activity“ that we had been told was included, we were talk to you so rudely at the front desk we were shocked.
A very short and demeaning Chelsea told us that we had either “mis-heard” “mid-read” the options and that this was not included regardless of what we paid. When we proceeded to show her the menu that was sitting there on the counter, she again told us that it was our problem. So RUDE!
The concept here is a good one but unfortunately it’s being managed by college kids who have no concept of money or customer service. It’s unfortunate because others are working hard (like Jack, Delaney and Rachel who were AWESOME to us and our kids) spend their time treating customers well!
We have been here for 11 days and have enjoyed the services of many other companies that offer the same options and we would highly suggest you choose one of those over this.
Our suggestions would be Montana White Water or Cache Creek Outfitters. That being said, as I’m sure you can imagine, there are 1 billion other companies that offer this awesome mountain experience other than “Basecamp“ at Big Sky Resort.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole M N
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Sky Resort Village Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Hi @Nicole M N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Basecamp experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a great experience with our Basecamp activities. We strive to create experiences that guests will treasure for a lifetime and clearly we missed the mark with our customer service here. I have passed along your review to the Basecamp office manager, Christy, and she apologized as well that she was unable to solve the issue in a way that was satisfactory to you and your husband.
We know that there are many options to choose from when planning a vacation to Big Sky, and we appreciate your feedback so that we may improve our offerings!