“Back to excellent quality”

The Mint Cafe and Bar
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Montana Steakhouse and Gathering Place. In service to Belgrade and the Gallatin Valley since 1904.
Ashland, Ohio
“Back to excellent quality”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Had been a couple of years since our family ate here, because the service and quality of food had declined. Had a celebratory dinner in July, back to excellent food and excellent service especially appeasing three children under the age of 6.

• Visited July 2011

Franklinville, New Jersey
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My food was perfectly cooked and had excellent flavor. The service was great. I would highly recommend eating here.

• Visited October 2011
NW Indiana
“Great food and great value at The Mint”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My parents, fiancee and I were in town for my sister's wedding. Looking for a nice dinner together before we went our separate ways home the next day, we took the recommendation of the hotel manager and went to The Mint. We got there at 4:30 Saturday, in time to take advantage of their half price apps before 6 pm. Our server Jon was prompt, attentive and knowlegable. I had a creamsicle martini and it was fabulous!

Lots of interesting special entrees available, and though they were tempting, we decided to divide and conquer: My dad and I decided to try a bunch of apps for our dinners so we could try as many things as we could. My fiancee and mother both chose the flank steak. We got an order of onion rings for the table to split while we waited for our dinners - we could have had just that for dinner! It was a huge plate, hand battered "tangler" style onion rings and it was fabulous with the curry ketchup. The steaks were done perfectly, and we loved the tender calamari, hand battered fresh chicken tenders, and the crab cake was wonderful. We also really enjoyed a rare treat: correctly prepared escargot! Even though we were all stuffed, we had to try to coconut creme brule. It did not disappoint.

Next time we are in Belgrade visiting my sister & new brother-in-law, a meal at The Mint is in our future for sure! It is a gem in the wild country of Southern Montana.

• Visited September 2011
Bozeman
“Best burger, best deal in town”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

You can't beat the Wednesday night burger special at The Mint. $10 for a burger with fries and a draft beer. The burger is the best, the fries are wonderful and you can have excellent local beers. It doesn't get any better than great food, great beer in a friendly & fun place. Don't miss it.

• Visited August 2011
Green Valley, Arizona
“Great surprise”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

As with a previous reviewer, had been driving cross country, stopped at medicore Super 8, looked in AAA Tour Book for a place to eat. A bit hard to find, as town is actually larger than you might think. Free parking lot within a block.
Simple, classy western decor; though bit disconserting to have a large stuffed cattle head overlooking you as you peruse the menu for beef items. Many pictures of local ranchers.
Waiting line, immediately after we came in; place was full so we ate in the lounge. Wait staff very good; owner even came over to see how we were doing.
Burger nite special included an unadvertised draft beer. Best burger in a long time according to my husband. And I tried a new menu item, the crab cakes. I know, a bit of a stretch in cattle country, but I was pleasantly surprised, the best ever I have eaten, and that's saying something having lived in Maryland and Virginia for ten years. What caught my eye on the menu was the arugula pesto used on the chibatta [?] bun.

• Visited August 2011