“If you need a place to unwind, this is it.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Babb
Paul Ranch Montana LLC
Ranked #1 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Babb
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hawaii
“If you need a place to unwind, this is it.”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed in the Elk Willows Lodge for four nights in July 2011. On the outside it's a non-descript, double-wide trailer with a sun deck. On the inside it's a modern 3 bedroom, 2 bath home that's nicely decorated and very comfortable. It's the nicest vacation rental I have had the opportunity to stay in. The home is situated on a hill overlooking the surrounding area and has good views. It's very peaceful and relaxing and the silence is golden. Janice and Colin are the caretakers and very gracious hosts. They make themselves available to you 24/7. The location is convenient to the Many Glacier and St Mary areas of Glacier National Park. The Many Glacier area is considered by many to be the heart of Glacier National Park. Many Glacier is known for it's beautiful lakes, majestic mountains and some unbelievably scenic hiking trails.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbia, Maryland, USA
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Although our stay was short and mostly uneventful due to my being sick for half our holiday we really enjoyed our stay.
I love the country (being raised in country NSW Australia) and felt so at home here.
I ended up in the Emergency Room due to a stomach upset i'd had in Canada and the ranch caretaker went above and beyond what you would ever expect.
Very friendly and helpful.
When I got really sick they arranged for an ambulance, came and stayed in our room with our 16month old while my hubby came to the hospital. We didn't get back til midnight and she was wonderful, taking care of our son who had woken up.
The place is well equipped for people who like to do their own food and sooooo close to the GNP. Logan Pass was closed but I was far too sick to hike so we drove a bit each day and still saw the most beautiful views.
Apart from me being sick this place was great and a nice change from hotels etc.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2010

This is a perfect location for those who want to avoid the crowds when visiting Glacier National Park. The ranch is off the road and is a lovely spot. It is very well-equipped and cosy.As we are not hikers we sat on the deck in the afternoons and evenings. Janice and Colin were the perfect housekeepers, helpful and unobtrusive. Janice made us cakes and the wild flowers were a lovely touch. Barbara brought us some gorgeous cherries. All of these things added to our stay in Babb. There is a small grocery store in Babb and a slightly larger store in St Mary (bit more pricey as it's right by the park entrance.) We stocked up in the IGA(IPA?) in Browning first and the meat we bought there was excellent. There is also a travelling market which stops outside the store in Babb on a Wednesday (I think, correct me if I am wrong). Got a lovely strawberry and rhubarb pie from there as well as the most tasty tomatoes.
All in all one of the highlights of our five week tour on the US.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank KathleenBridget
Minnesota
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We wanted to stay on the east side of Glacier National Park because most of the hikes we enjoy doing are on that side. This was a PERFECT spot for us to live for six days! Quiet, peaceful, secluded with a beautiful view of the mountains but yet so close to Many Glacier, Waterton, and Logan pass. The caretakers have done a great job at making sure you have all the necessary items to cook in the well-stocked kitchen, grill a few steaks, wash a load of clothes, sit by a firepit, watch many channels on the satellite TV, watch DVD's, view the wildlife from the front deck, play a game of tetherball, volleyball, or horseshoes, and just plain relax! I appreciated having the daily housekeeping service - now that really felt like a vacation! We came back to our place from a long day of hiking and it entirely cleaned up - so NICE. And the beautiful bouquets of wildflowers left us were an added bonus. The home fit the five of us so well. Plenty of room to sleep, eat (we ate breakfast and supper here most days), and relax without getting in each other's way. Definitely well worth the money we spent. I'd stay here again anytime.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Odessa, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Paul Ranch was a great place to stay. It became our home for 3 days while experiencing Glacier National Park and Waterton National Park. We had 2 bedrooms and a nice size living room,large bathroom. There was a washer and dryer which came in handy. There was even detergent for you to use, which was a nice surprise. A well stocked kitchen. They even had spices, herbs and coffee for you. We made our breakfast and dinners here, since the rest of our trip was going to be in hotels. I would definitely recommend a stay at Paul Ranch. i recommend staying in the first bedroom instead of the master because this room has the better view. Its on a ranch and the view is wonderful. The stars at night were amazing. We also got daily visits from a bunny and chipmunk. Truly a great place for a home base to explore this amazing part of Montana.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Eugene, OR
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My three night stay at the Paul Ranch was terrible. The vacation rental is not a house, it is an older mobile home/trailer in poor condition, with mold and mildew problems, reeking of mothballs or a similar chemical odor. I could not use the heat on cold and raining days because turning on the heat intensified the odor. The owner was not on-site. When I contacted her through email, she dismissed the seriousness of these issues, asserted that the trailer is in good condition, and expressed a “let the buyer beware” attitude. Until this rental unit is replaced, anyone with a normal sense of smell and a basic awareness of air-quality health issues should avoid the Paul Ranch.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank NatureSUZ
Glacier_Cool, Owner at Paul Ranch Montana LLC, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
This guest stayed at my Ranch for three nights. She did not request to leave early or ask for a refund while she was there. The onsite hosts would have assisted her in finding alternative lodging in the area, and authorized a refund if she felt the accommodations were "substandard". She emailed me after her stay and demanded a refund. She threatened me with poor reviews if I did not comply with her demands. Finding no validity to the extent of her allegations, I did not give her a refund.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Babb
Waterton Glacier Suites
Montana's Duck Lake Lodge
Many Glacier Campground
Many Glacier Campground
#4 of 7 in Glacier National Park

Been to Paul Ranch Montana LLC? Share your experiences!