Review Highlights
Wine tasting

Very friendly service. Beautiful venue. Loved the old cars around the premises. Clean bathrooms... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Cathy C
Warrensburg, Missouri
Wine Trip Friday Night Dinner

We first arrived and did a wine tasting prior to dinner. the staff was very nice and helpful. We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
N9626BFdavec

All reviews wine tasting pulled chicken dry wine live music on the weekends adirondack chairs favorite winery beautiful venue wineries seals augusta trees
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hard to find quality places like this theses days. No kids, No Pets and No Smoking allowed. (Must be 21 to enter) Great place to go have quality wine and listen to live music with other adults amidst a beautiful lakeside setting. If you sit outside on the patio or under the trees, you order you own food from the cafe out back. The Asian Nacho's are money! The wine bar is large and room for plenty of tasters. They also have several mico brews on tap as well as bottled beer. Also make sure you try the wine slushies. Pricey, unless you have your own Cedar Lakes Wine Glass, but you will not be disappointed. Parking is free and there is no cover charge.

3  Thank dunder36
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Let me first say this place is gorgeous and great as a winery, however if you are planning a wedding here.....

The wedding "planner" was downright rude and stressful. First, about 3 months away from the wedding date, I was informed my wedding planner was quitting. That sucked, but couldn't be helped. NO ONE contacted me for almost a month. Finally, I contacted them, and talked to Angie, who informed me she was my new planner. She was (and still is) very slow to communication.
The day before my wedding, my maid of honor called to ask if there were any problems, specifically if the creek had overflowed since the previous week had been hard rain. Angie said no. We found on the next day (the wedding day) that yes, the creek had overflowed.
Angie had said the area was very wet, and that I should move the ceremony spot. I was very determined to have it next to the creek, so I said to go ahead and set up the chairs in the location. That didn't happen.
The next day (the wedding day) she WAS STILL trying to convince me to move my spot! I'm glad I’m not a push over, but it was very stressful.
Also, there was some type of open sewer line problem, or backed up septic tank and the whole area smelled. I suppose it would be too much to ask that they tell brides that…..
Angie had told me she or staff would direct guests the wedding spot so they wouldn't be wondering around. That never happened. I had several guests who walked clear to the back of the property trying to figure out where to go. Angie kept hovering around me even though I was trying to take pictures or talk to family. She is in a lot of my wedding photos!!

AND ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING:
The groom's father, unfortunately recently lost a leg. I was told that it was no problem, Cedar Lake would have a golf cart or Gator bring him and any older guests (Grandma, Grandpa etc) to the ceremony spot. On the day of the wedding, Angie told us that there was a gator available but she didn't think the owner's wanted their lawn torn up and the gator might "get stuck". The owners or Angie finally gave in after 30 mins, however, the groom's father was so embarrassed about being such a “burden”, he went home. I was MORTIFIED.
TO TOP IT ALL OFF - I was informed by Angie (this is maybe an hour till I walked down the aisle) that I hadn't paid my balance, and I was still needing a $1300 payment. I was sure I had everything paid, so I checked the paperwork she had (silly me, I hadn't thought I would need MY receipts on my wedding day). The paperwork had me listed at $1300 short, but I didn't have time to refute it. So I paid the $1300 (THANK GOD I have that ability, not many brides would be able to! And I wonder what they would have done, had I not had the money.) However, after the wedding, I checked my receipts and saw that yes, I HAD PAID in full. And after comparing my numbers to her numbers, she was also trying to charge me $500 more than the agreed upon amount. So now I'm waiting on my money to be returned.

The venue is pretty but if you’re a push-over or people-pleaser, DO NOT book this place. You will be walked on top of.

10  Thank Tonya M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place is beautiful, but the service was questionable and had no palate cleansers. The beer flight wasn't about their beers but whatever was on tap. Maybe we hit it on an off day?

1  Thank Msslily
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Cedar Lake is a great winery to visit as a couple or small or large group.
We usually try to go early before it gets too crowded, because it has become very popular. Some time ago, you could order food, however they seem to change up, and they had a "grab n go" type of refrigerated case at one time too. I know they also have a Sunday Brunch but we haven't eaten this. The foods we have had...tapenades breads etc have been very good. We enjoy going here because we can sit on the patio at a table, wander out into the grassy areas at picnic tables or just pick a couple of adirondak chairs out and relaxing. Music on Friday Saturday and Sundays too. I think they have a "happy hour" on Fridays as well! :)

2  Thank Jill B
Reviewed September 12, 2012

A nice addition to the many wineries in eastern MO. A gorgeous setting, with a large lake and plenty of seating, either picnic tables or chairs, open air or trees or tents for shade. Wide open, so you don't feel crowded, regardless of the volume of people. Great live music....and oh yeah, the wine is good too. They carry both MO and CA wines, so a nice choice. The tasting fee is a bit high, even tho it includes a nice glass.

No baskets allowed as there is food on site. Unfortunately, the food is pretty limited & VERY pricey for what you get. They get the the worst grade there...to average or below because of the price. The cheese & fruit platters in the cooler are way too expensive for what you get. The hot food is better, but still pricey based on the portions.

One nice feature - their area for weddings, receptions, etc. is separate, so they don't have to close the winery to the public when there is a function. That is an issue with some of the other popular wineries in the area, so kudos for managing that much better.
Overall, a fun experience...& with a bit of tweaking on their part, it would be outstanding.

1  Thank GardenDiva88