Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
$140
$260
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
All reviewsparlor suiteairport shuttleearly morning shuttleshowing its ageleave your carwake up callbusiness centerthe check in processnice roomconvenient locationstlouiskeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2011

If you've ever stayed at one of the close-in airport hotel properties, you know there is very little in the area. if you had to stay here for an early flight, it would probably work. This hotel has been here for years and has remained a Holiday Inn property. Front desk girls were friendly upon checkin. Rooms were clean but..... very noisy A/C and not much of a view - were just "ok". Updated flat screen TV's with limited cable choices. Bar is on lowest level (I'll call basement). Dingy, and dark. However, bartender / waitress gals were very friendly. Nothing nearby except Lombardo's. Neighbors include Best Value Inn and what used to be a Motel 6. Lock your car doors. Bottom line, there are really no great "close in" hotel options to airport. I would recommend staying near Earth City or Westport.

Room Tip: Ask for one at least overlooking outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Kubzfan
Reviewed March 11, 2011

This Holiday-Inn is well kept up, offers a free shuttle every 20 minutes starting at 4:20 am to the airport, free internet and a restaurant/lounge. For anyone who is looking to stay near the airport and have complimentary parking while you're away it's worth it. My room had a view of the outdoor pool and a door to go directly out to the pool which would be beneficial to anyone wanting to utilize it.

I booked my trip on Priceline.com so I had to pay $8 a day for parking, but it was well worth it to have my new suv under a lightpole and away from airport parking hubs. Had I booked via the hotel or their website, the parking is free.

Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank fabulous990
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel previously. The desk personnel was very friendly and welcoming. The shuttle to the airport was prompt. When we arrived back from our trip from Florida, St. Louis had received 4-5" of snow. The driver let us borrow his personal snow brush to clean our car. We are particular about cleanliness and our hotel room was very clean.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

i stayed here for business for over a week and found the staff to be particularly rude. the facilities were mediocre and showed signs of aging with little attempt to mask this. tv's were old and fuzzy on many channels, internet slower than molasses, but overall the rooms were not terrible. the fitness center was a joke and the elliptical machine i wanted to use was next to worthless and falling apart. electrical power to parts of my room went out on numerous occasions where i had to call the front desk so they could "have maintenance reset some circuits."

good sides to this hotel were limited and included the close proximity to the airport and the free starbucks coffee...just make sure you get before 9 as i once was attempting to brew a cup in the lobby and a staff member looked right at me and unplugged the machine on me mid-brew at 9:03.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2010

This motel is the high end of what I say at while driving, but this time it worked for a number of reasons. I was traveling with someone so that cut my cost in half, and we could get a corp rate which was better than the posted. Plus it was right across the street from where we were dropping our trucks so we could walk back to the hotel and get a shuttle to the airport saving the cost of a taxi.
Now that I'm writing reviews I'm looking for the bad, I couldn't find it. Nice beds, lots of plug in's, free wi-fi, clean, high class place.
BUT the next morning when I'm ready to take a shower I start to notice, the ceiling has rust lines and it looked like something was ozzing between the cracks. Plus the wall paper had been patched a number of times rather than replaced. These are the kinds of things I expect in a $30 Ma & Pa place, not in a $100 a night hotel.
Would I stay again, Yes. Because none of this effected how clean or comfortable it was.
I had thought of getting photo's but ran out of time and had to catch the shuttle.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business