“Better than some 5 Star Hotels!”
Review of The Wildwood Hotel

The Wildwood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The Wildwood is a Professional, luxurious, clean, comfortable hotel nestled in the heart of Wildwood. In a 2 block area are 5 restaurants, a theatre, spa, gym, 2 pharmacies, and more. They definitely cater to Professionals. About 45 minutes from the airport, and an hour from downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013
Peter A, General Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. We work very hard to insure that our guests stays are memorable. I will pass your comments on to our team...they will be delighted to hear you were pleased with your visit!
Peter Arscott

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very clean, modern and well kept. The place looked brand new. I thought my bed was extremely comfortable. Staff was pleasant and when I checked out at 4:45am (early flight) the desk staff joked about hearing the elevator started up and wondered "who is up at this hour with me?" No breakfast was set up yet so he went in back to get me fresh hot water for my tea. thank you. I will definately stay here again, Great Value for the price paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Peter A, General Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind remarks. We do strive to provide a warm and inviting environment for our guests, and are delighted that we were able to make your stay a memorable one.
We look forward to seeing you back at the Wildwood should your travels ever bring you back to our area.
Best Regards,
Peter Arscott

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I travel almost every week for my job so I get a lot of expsoure to well run hotels. This is by far the worst management of any hotel where I have stayed. This hotel really makes me appreciate my Hilton stays. Why this hotel is booked all the time is beyond me. Even the employees have bad attitudes and that usually is caused by poor management. I stayed in St Louis again just this week at a Hampton and the person working the breakfast area was so helpful. She saw me struggling and asked if I needed assistance. At the Wildwood hotel, the person working the breakfast area can't wait until she can close it. She does not want to help anyone. They just accused me of keeping extra people in my room.... You can't have your family or friends you came to see come by and visit you????? The beds are horrible too. I will never stay there again. I am sick of being treated this way. Someone please open another hotel in Wildwood.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are dark and every bed is bad. Stay on the top floor as the other floors have peop...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Seminole16
Peter A, General Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Wildwood Hotel. We do regret that, like most of our guests, you were not happy with your stay.
We were aware of some of the issues you encountered, and would like to point out that a quick glance at our records shows that you have been a guest at the Wildwood on at least seven occasions.
The situation you describe in your review regarding breakfast has to do with the fact that you reserved (and paid for) a room for two persons. This rate included complimentary breakfast for two. We do note that you had four persons in the room, a fact that you did not inform the hotel about.
We do regret if you felt offended when this fact was brought up to you, but we do incur costs to provide breakfasts to our guests, and do not consider it unreasonable to ask that additional meals not covered by the room rate are paid for.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed her with my best friend for a girls night out. We had a special that included a dinner at Table 3 right across the street. We checked in..the hotel was a cute boutique-style. Staff was friendly. Overall area is up-scale. The hotel still looks new and the room was very nice, with a fridge and microwave included. The restaurant Table Three was full by 6pm, reservations recommended, it was really that good. They also had live jazz entertainment on the patio till roughly 11pm. The patio also consisted of not just dinner tables, but couches and outdoor lounge areas and low lighting. Very nice atmosphere! On the other corner directly across the hotel is a movie theatre..and they had the 'suites' where you had your own recliner chair! This is a few dollars more than the regular show price, but worth it! We were so comfortable! The beds in the hotel are super comfy. Continental breakfast is free- on a Sunday morning, there were 3 juices, coffee, tea, bagels, cereal, toast, eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, make your own waffles, yogurt, a large bowl of canned fruit (peaches and pears I think), and possibly a few other small things I can't recall. No fresh fruit like many were asking about. In our room, I noticed a coffee-maker, coffee, and tea packets...but I didn't try it. Within a block or two are a two shopping boutiques, a couple of hair and nails places, a Massage Envy location, an ice cream shop, a Starbucks, a Walgreens, a Hallmark store, a Diergbergs grocery store, and some other misc business service places I can't recall. The hotel pool is kinda small but fine for a hotel this size. We didn't go in though. The hot tub is not available..other reviews said due to it not being ADA compliant. This hotel is not far from Six Flags, or any of the recreational popular parks around Hwy 109. This is a great place with really convenient surroundings...super safe...upscale area....lots of free parking....I would recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fenton_girl
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We found the Wildwood Hotel when we were on a short trip with some dear friends and decided to take a chance. It was a wonderful overnight! Far exceeded our expectations for price, lovely clean rooms and breakfast the next morning. We would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Apparently we were not as impressed with this hotel as other reviewers. Starting with the positives, if you need to stay in this area of St. Louis it is an option to look at. For our purpose on this trip the location was what we needed. Overall the hotel was clean. It is located in a very new and developing area. It has a parking garage that was very handy. And the price was reasonable. We found the negatives to be the breakfast. We only saw one man trying to work very hard in the mornings. But the hot food was not hot in our experience. Plus the overall layout of the food was not good for people trying to get food and get back to a seat. There was a pool but it appeared the hot tub was covered over. The elevators were very slow and it was always tough to get on and off. Our room was nice size and we were on the top floor. Apparently because of that our room had a large vaulted ceiling with a skylight. It seemed nice to have a roomy feeling space with high ceilings. But there is no shade or covering for the skylight. Both moring we woke earlier than we hoped because of the bright sunlight. We did not like the beds. All of us found that when we first laid down they felt very soft and comfortable. However, when we woke we all realized it was too soft and we were sore from lack of support. If you like a very very soft bed this will be great for you! And regarding the location, if you want to do anything downtown area it is a long trip. Overall we found it to be a good, average hotel. Not the "excellent" rating others have awarded in their reviews.

Room Tip: Think about avoiding the 4th floor if the sunlight will bother you in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TrA11
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was great! I have two teenage boys and we were going to the St. Louis area to visit family and do some sightseeing. This hotel was perfect for us. We got an executive suite that had a huge bedroom and very comfy bed along with a large living room with a sofa sleeper and room for a rollaway since my boys won't sleep in the same bed. There was also a mini refrigerator and microwave that we used for late night snack or for lunches when we were in the area and wanted to save some money. The complex that the hotel was in has everything you can think of. There is a movie theater, sports bar, drug store, ice cream shop along with several other shops and restaurants...even a police station across the street from the hotel. Across the complex was a full size grocery store and a family restaurant (that was open on the Fourth of July) all within walking distance. The hotel was 15 minutes from six flags and within 45 minutes to St. Louis and all the surrounding museums and attractions. We will definitely be going back on our next trip to the area. You get the best price for the hotel by calling them directly. I searched several sites looking for a room to accommodate all of our needs and this by far was the best price especially if you can prepay for the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Hyatt Place St. Louis/Chesterfield
Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest

Been to The Wildwood Hotel? Share your experiences!